Giveaway *Done* Thank you for making my wife's birthday fun! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Yesterday, I asked the PCF collective for a favor to help make my wife's birthday special... I (and she) was overwhelmed with the response.

For everyone that sent a text, you already have a ticket to this giveaway. For anyone that missed the favor request, you can be entered into this giveaway by guessing how many people texted my wife, and guess how many people didn't follow directions (i.e., sent something other than 'Happy 35th Birthday' -- and I'm not mad about not following directions...she loved the creativity (most of it, anyway)). EDIT: Those that texted yesterday are eligible for a second entry into this contest by submitting winning guesses. EDIT 2: Even a smiley face at the end counts as not following directions. However, if my wife replied and a texter responded to the reply, the response text will not by itself make a text 'not following directions.'

EDIT3: Guess two things: the number of texts and the number of texts that didn't follow directions
(is that simple enough, @CraigT78?)

Your score will be the absolute value of your guess as to number of entries plus your the absolute value of your guess as to how many didn't follow directions (absolute value just means being over and under don't matter -- if the answer is 10, both 8 and 12 are scored at 2). The closest to zero gets an entry. In case of a tie, all guesses tied with the lowest number get an entry. As I type this, I don't know what the answer is, but I'll let this run for a few days, then throw all entries into a random number generator and pick a winner.

What's the prize? I haven't figured it out yet. But it'll definitely be poker related, probably something from my singles collection. Worldwide shipping is included.

Last edited:
137? ;) That's a really sweet gesture for your wife

Edit: 137 texts and 45 did not follow directions

Last edited:
64! And 32 didn't follow directions. Me included :p

[Edit: added a guess for the not-following-directions, had misread the OP]

Last edited:
So. I didn't follow directions. I'm such a renegade.

So. I didn't follow directions. I'm such a renegade.
293AB33A-F073-4F32-BF5E-E53C424AF645.gif

Glad it went over well @WedgeRock, it was a great idea. I'll guess 80 texts and 55 that didn't follow directions like me :)

EDIT3: Guess two things: the number of texts and the number of texts that didn't follow directions (is that simple enough, @CraigT78?)
Yes. Don't know why you didn't just say that from the beginning. So many words.

I sent a text but didn’t post it in the thread if that matters.

Knowing a lot of people here, I would say 189 texts and 189 texts didn’t follow the directions.
I'll be running through a list of texts received by the wife to verify entry-by-text. You didn't need to post in the thread that you sent something.

Reactions: 72o
88 text 66 did not follow directions (I know...guilty, added a birthday cake icon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom