Disney's Streaming Tv options! (1 Viewer)

Disney +, Hulu, ESPN +

• I'm already a subscriber to Disney +

• I plan to soon subscribe to Disney +

• Giving Disney + as a Christmas present

• I'm a Hulu subscriber and love it

• Streaming tv ? I'm still rocking dialup

Results are only viewable after voting.

SuckoutKing

Flush
Reaction score
Grand Rapids, Michigan and North Canton, Ohio
Just wanted to see what everyone thinking about Disney's New Streaming offerings? Please vote and comment below.
Ttg2CEH543tfSAaZEEH2DG-480-80.jpg

Signed up yesterday and enjoyed the first episode of the new Star Wars show.

Also watched Captain Marvel while I worked out.

Definitely worth adding to my Hulu package. Tons of shows/movies for the kids and being able to download everything to watch offline is a nice bonus.

I can see canceling Netflix if their price stays as high as it is unless they put out more original content I watch.

Love it so far. Primarily subscribing for the new content, but my daughter is stoked about things like the Descendants animated series.

And I can't wait to introduce the family to Gummy Bears :)

I'm holding off on subscribing. Typically, the initial run (as with anything new) usually has bugs. I'll give it a month or so before I subscribe to let them get the initial kinks out of the way.

I haven't see it available yet, but there's supposed to be a Disney+ package that will include ESPN+ and Hulu. Definitely interested in that!

I was waiting for the bundle. But after a little research, Hulu (with ads) doesnt work for me. Hulu no ads isn't part of bundle, but you can backdoor it.

According to hulu site, existing hulu customers who sign up for disney bundle, get a $6 credit on their disney+ bill. So Disney bundle $13 + $Hulu no ads $12 - $6 hulu credit = $19/mo for Disney bundle w/ Hulu no ads.

I was waiting for the bundle. But after a little research, Hulu (with ads) doesnt work for me. Hulu no ads isn't part of bundle, but you can backdoor it.

According to hulu site, existing hulu customers who sign up for disney bundle, get a $6 credit on their disney+ bill. So Disney bundle $13 + $Hulu no ads $12 - $6 hulu credit = $19/mo for Disney bundle w/ Hulu no ads.
So what do you think about the Hulu is no ads? What type of channels do they have? All shows any live tv, local tv?

Getting it free for a year as a Verizon customer. So far very impressed, interface worked bug free - just an overwhelming amount of fantastic content. I sat down with my kid and we watched Steam Boat Willie and then five other Mickey Mouse cartoons in sequence of release. Then we popped over to Peter Pan for a bit. She went to bed and I switched to the brand new Imagineering documentary which was quite excellent. Looking forward to Mandalorian.

Getting it free for a year as a Verizon customer. So far very impressed, interface worked bug free - just an overwhelming amount of fantastic content. I sat down with my kid and we watched Steam Boat Willie and then five other Mickey Mouse cartoons in sequence of release. Then we popped over to Peter Pan for a bit. She went to bed and I switched to the brand new Imagineering documentary which was quite excellent. Looking forward to Mandalorian.

We watched Peter Pan last night. My son loved it, I took a nap...

The only things I'm not impressed with:
1) Login just does it to thr last person, and doesn't give you a pop up. I'm fine switching it, but it's a bit harder for my 5 year old.

2) If you stop in the middle of a movie and come back later it starts it from the beginning. Did family oriented Disney not think people would be stopping mid show/movie?

Starting the movie from the beginning es no Bueno. They will likely fix it I will imagine. If they don't I'll get ahold of one of the four people I know who are at Disney+ and have been working for the last two years on this launch lol.

Watched The Mandalorian just now, was sooo good! 2nd episode out this Friday!

Watching this thread for recommendations...

Im already on ...
YouTube TV
Youtube Premium (+Google music)
Hulu
Netflix

Saw this posted today on reddit:
73116c0.jpg

With top comment: "Just wait for the next best thing on the internet. A service to bundle all of your streaming services into one." :D

Last edited:
I signed up months ago. Got the 3 year annual sub for 2 year price deal they had for a bit. Well worth it for just under $4 per month.

I enjoyed the Mandelorian, very reminiscent of the original trilogy in style I thought...although I'm a fan of both the prequels and the sequels (and the standalones) so my opinion probably doesn't carry with any haters :whistle: :whistling:

I also have young kids, so we will watch a lot of D+ aside from just the SW content.

Cant vote... My option isn't there.

✓ DGAF

Guy at work hated it... No plot, no action, he said... Glad to hear you liked it.

It's just the pilot, so I wouldn't expect the plot to be too heavy just yet, this is a (most likely) multi season TV show not a movie.

No action! The opening scene is a bar fight (albeit a short one), and the final scene is a lengthy shootout between Mando, alien baddies, and a killer robot!

It's definitely styled like a western though, so the slower pacing I think is intentional.

I'm a Verizon customer so we get it free for a year. My wife and I will both be moving out of the country after the new year so everything will be canceled before they start auto charging me. Most of the content I watch is on YouTube so I doubt I'll ever watch anything on Disney+.

Back in September/October my wife and I watched all 22 movies of the Marvel universe (in order) and paid for quite a few of them. Would have been nice to have Disney+ at the time

I'm a Verizon customer so we get it free for a year. My wife and I will both be moving out of the country after the new year so everything will be canceled before they start auto charging me. Most of the content I watch is on YouTube so I doubt I'll ever watch anything on Disney+.

Back in September/October my wife and I watched all 22 movies of the Marvel universe (in order) and paid for quite a few of them. Would have been nice to have Disney+ at the time
Where your going they don't have internet? Why cancel access it anywhere!

I just subscribed to D+ for a year. Is it worth it - for a year, sure. I'd probably spend that buying the Marvel & Star Wars movies on iTunes anyway.

But they better be adding more stuff to keep me as a subscriber. There is a bunch of old stuff that I'd like to watch with my son (Tron, National Treasure etc) but these are one-watch movies, not ones that I would buy. So unless more is added, I don't see me sticking with it.

I'm thinking it was probably the same with Netflix - when it first launched, there was a bunch of old movies that I wanted to watch but now there's relatively little to keep me paying for it. I can see myself dropping Netflix and getting something like HBO. Maybe that's my future - pick one, keep it for a year and switch to another.

I just subscribed to D+ for a year. Is it worth it - for a year, sure. I'd probably spend that buying the Marvel & Star Wars movies on iTunes anyway.

But they better be adding more stuff to keep me as a subscriber. There is a bunch of old stuff that I'd like to watch with my son (Tron, National Treasure etc) but these are one-watch movies, not ones that I would buy. So unless more is added, I don't see me sticking with it.

I'm thinking it was probably the same with Netflix - when it first launched, there was a bunch of old movies that I wanted to watch but now there's relatively little to keep me paying for it. I can see myself dropping Netflix and getting something like HBO. Maybe that's my future - pick one, keep it for a year and switch to another.

If you can afford the time to binge watch, and you don't mind the wait to consume new content, the most economical model is definitely to sign up for one service at a time, and rotate thru them on some cadence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom