Dia de los Muertos Poker Chips Now Available! (3 Viewers)

4829F0D7-1653-46C3-ACC0-6F3788351BC3.jpeg

I'm both jealous and a little upset that you opted to have red fracs and yellow $5's. It just feels wrong to me. I am going to save my hundos for the plaques, I figure my games are never gonna get THAT massive in size to require them. :)

It's like finding out you're truly in love with a woman and you go to ask her out and she's been married for 7 years. Still, I am jealous and can only salivate until mine come in.

I'm both jealous and a little upset that you opted to have red fracs and yellow $5's. It just feels wrong to me.

It's like finding out you're truly in love with a woman and you go to ask her out and she's been married for 7 years. Still, I am jealous and can only salivate until mine come in.

Just went with the much better looking Cali colors is all.

Just went with the much better looking Cali colors is all.

You've seen my ideas for sure. I know once I put this on the cash/tournaments board they are gonna rip me to shreds but I stand by my decision to have both 25c and 50c fracs and my decision to stand by the $13 chip. I cannot think of any other denomination that works as well or as distinctly as it. I had originally planned to do $13.13, but realized no one really wants to carry pennies with them for change when they're playing poker, and $13 gets the point across just fine and it's playable and not really that hard to make change for.

To me, white chips are so plain Jane. I tried doing that for my quarters with the Wicked Spades, man that was an unmitigated disaster. When I switched them to yellow, that came out 1,000 times better. I originally planned not to do a white chip at all but thought having a "Show 'em" chip with the guy who looks like a pervert fits well.

Hinckley_BRProDDLM (2).jpg

You've seen my ideas for sure. I know once I put this on the cash/tournaments board they are gonna rip me to shreds but I stand by my decision to have both 25c and 50c fracs and my decision to stand by the $13 chip. I cannot think of any other denomination that works as well or as distinctly as it. I had originally planned to do $13.13, but realized no one really wants to carry pennies with them for change when they're playing poker, and $13 gets the point across just fine and it's playable and not really that hard to make change for.

To me, white chips are so plain Jane. I tried doing that for my quarters with the Wicked Spades, man that was an unmitigated disaster. When I switched them to yellow, that came out 1,000 times better. I originally planned not to do a white chip at all but thought having a "Show 'em" chip with the guy who looks like a pervert fits well.

View attachment 424757

I’m almost all about those Cali colored sets but It’s difficult to go wrong with these chips no matter what you :)

I love the orange/pumpkin $13 chip. Seems so obvious, I’m surprised no one had one done yet with these chips

I'm both jealous and a little upset that you opted to have red fracs and yellow $5's.

Now we can't be friends. That's what I did for mine too. First Cali color set. Also, there's just something about having a giant stack of yellow $5s with a creepy dead flying baby skeleton on it.

I love the orange/pumpkin $13 chip. Seems so obvious, I’m surprised no one had one done yet with these chips

You can thank the GPI Monacos for the great idea. I used that one as a low value set, figuring the dollar amount was never going to go above the orange chip ($10), and when I was crafting this, I thought "$10 is so boring". I mean I could have done it, so then I said "Wait, what about $13.13?" and decided against THAT, because like I said, I was like "That would only work as a joke", so I took off the 13c and left the value at $13. When I saw the proof, I was like "Oh man, that's perfect!", and it really is. I can't think of anything better than it.

Now we can't be friends. That's what I did for mine too. First Cali color set. Also, there's just something about having a giant stack of yellow $5s with a creepy dead baby skeleton on it.

I'm a little biased. When I did my Wicked Spades, I got tons of grief over my mom's favorite color being the purple chip and mine being the orange chip and I couldn't make a set out of it because of too many denominations. My friend Brittany's favorite color was white and I tried putting that on a quarter chip and it looked awful. I mean REALLY bad, even worse than the default pink they used. The people here on PCF said about yellow fracs and how he thought I'd regret not having it, so I asked if I could see the proof with a yellow quarter. It looked amazing and even in the final design, it looks really good, so I'm used to a yellow chip being a frac.

It worked out for the best, I kept the default five colors (yellow quarters, blue 1's, red 5's, green 25's and black 100's) but added purple bounty chips and orange bonus chips. I didn't have that problem when it came to the PGI Monacos, because the 25 cent chips were yellow by default.

Also this is the only set I've ever seen with skeletons in it that I didn't think were creepy as hell (Nevada Jack) or too boring (Howdy Cowboy)

Last edited:
@SteveHNo96 Some people like to follow the rules, what can I say? I broke them with the Royals because I loved them so much, I wanted to start with 3 colors on the table, so I have 25c and 50c.

DDLMs colors are great, so I can see why you made your breakdown so granular. Can't wait to see a picture of a $100 pot with all 7 colors splashing around!

@SteveHNo96 Some people like to follow the rules, what can I say? I broke them with the Royals because I loved them so much, I wanted to start with 3 colors on the table, so I have 25c and 50c.

DDLMs colors are great, so I can see why you made your breakdown so granular. Can't wait to see a picture of a $100 pot with all 7 colors splashing around!

Not only are the colors vibrant but the designs are so awesome. I had to stick to my guns because I couldn't think of anywhere else to place the purple chip and that is my favorite design of the 9. I don't even really like purple all that much because purple was my sister-in-law's favorite color and she was extremely passive-aggressive and verbally and emotionally abusive for 19 years to me. I literally felt like I couldn't do anything right, so I quit trying.

But yeah, I'd be happy to see this get some real intense action and see a big pot full of colors.

Woohoo!!!! You got em!

I gotta admit. These are gorgeous chips. I really like them, they're colorful, youthful and vibrant.

The orange $13 chip is lighter in color than I thought it would be but all in all, I am very pleased with this set and I can tell you all my friends will say the same thing.

The other colors match the Wicked Spades, that's why that's comparison pr0n.

I got a set of Tiki Kings but I'm chomping at the bit to get a set of DDLM's

I bought the Wicked Spades and the DDLM's, both are nice chips and both have a nice amount of pop factor to them. The only thing I will say to you that you should know and this isn't necessarily a good or a bad is that the orange chip is lighter in color than the ones with the Tiki's or the Wicked Spades. The Tiki and Wicked Spades both use a dark orange, while this one uses a lighter one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom