Desert Sands poker chips (1 Viewer)

Benjamin

Reaction score
Anyone own Desert Sands poker chips that are made by Nevada Jacks? Want to know about quality and any personal reviews. Thank you

I haven't handled them for 10+ years. At the time remember they were a good ceramic chip but I think I liked chipcos better (i don't think they're made anymore).

If you're looking for a ceramic chip with a design that mimics a clay chip, I'd go with cards mold ceramics. These have cards and ring debossed into the mold, where the desert sands only have the flat surface with images. You can and get the edge spots aligned on cards mold chips too.

Check this out:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/

Best to get samples to see for yourself.

Last edited:
they're alright. but the edge spots aren't aligned, which really tilts me.

1653402686179.png

Anyone own Desert Sands poker chips that are made by Nevada Jacks? Want to know about quality and any personal reviews. Thank you

I really liked them back in the day. I'll disagree with @SteveEH I think card mold chips feel and sound horrible.

Have you checked out ABCpro chips? They are a great ceramic option

I had a Nevada Jack's Skull set many years ago. Aside from the design, they were identical to the Desert Sands design.

Some elements I recall:

The edges were unaligned and smooth (I'm pretty sure all ceramic designs back then were unaligned).

The chip faces had a lot more texture than the competition (only other was Chipco at the time). This had advantages and disadvantages. Advantage was they stacked well. Disadvantage was due to the texture, the print quality was not as clear as Chipco.

There are many more ceramic options these days. Go with ABC or Sunfly if you want higher end quality.

Go with cards mold if you want a low price custom design.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom