Desert Armory Chip Mockup (1 Viewer)

Psypher1000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
The Sunfly group order has some promise so I'm getting some mockups ready in advance. I'll likely be making a tournament set of BCC 614 edgespot chips at a latter time (because dammit, if I can't have BCC GCR's, I can at least have their edgespots!), but I'm looking at these spots for a cash set.

The name will be the Desert Armory (because I live in the desert, and my company's logo has hammers & shields & such). Keep in mind that there's lots of dirt and sand out here, and just when you think there couldn't be any more dirt and sand, there's more dirt and sand.

Denoms will be .05, .25, 1.00, 5.00, 20.00, and 100.00. Let me know what you think!

Desert Armory Chips.png

Nice start. A few points I'd mention though.

The $20 is dark and next to the Hundo it will probably cause a lot of concussion and dirty stacks. Green standard for a $25, but not really for a $20. I'd consider swapping it over with the 5¢. (Base colors that is)

With ceramics we've seen in the past that purples and blacks can have very little contrast. I'd rethink the purple spot on the Hundo to something lighter.

Other than that great start.

Nice start. A few points I'd mention though.

The $20 is dark and next to the Hundo it will probably cause a lot of concussion and dirty stacks. Green standard for a $25, but not really for a $20. I'd consider swapping it over with the 5¢. (Base colors that is)

With ceramics we've seen in the past that purples and blacks can have very little contrast. I'd rethink the purple spot on the Hundo to something lighter.

Other than that great start.

^this

Very nice.

I notice that you've used six different edgespot patterns which also present different edgespot edge profiles (two pairs are very similar, but slightly different in widths.)

Well done. And the sand looks good on every one of them.

(two pairs are very similar, but slightly different in widths.)

I was trying to avoid the similar widths as best I could. For the .05 chip I actually want something like a 218 pattern with differing colors instead of a 214, but I couldn't find any spot option on the chip factory that allows two independently-colored horizontal 218 stripes.

2nd round of mockups look much better. Lots of dirt and sand. :)

For the .05 chip I actually want something like a 218 pattern with differing colors instead of a 214, but I couldn't find any spot option on the chip factory that allows two independently-colored horizontal 218 stripes.

I haven't checked it out yet, but try the new CPC chip tool -- I think it's capable of selecting different colors for different spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom