Darson's Great Poker Chip Adventure (1 Viewer)

August 2019 - Matsui Emerald Bay

Love my WPS Matsui chips, so when Mel was putting together the Emerald Bay group buy, I had to have some. I can't resist the bright colour combinations and the sharp edges. In accordance with my yellow chip fetish, I decided to do the $1s in yellow since they're likely to be the workhorse chip in our game. But I made sure the set will scale. Next game scheduled for Sept 6 and these will see play.

IMG_3706.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3694 edit.jpg

Aug/Sept/Oct 2019 - MOAR cash TRKs

I've got the TRK sickness bad. My wallet doesn't allow me to be too excessive but despite that I seem to have achieved some excess!

The cash set now looks like this:
100x King's crown $1s to be relabeled as fracs
300x Nevada Lodge $1s
200x Money Tree $5s
60x Money Tree $25s
100x Monte Carlo Magic 25s
180x Pick Hobson's $25s with 40 more incoming
40x Pick Hobson's $100 with 60 more incoming

IMG_E3885 crop.jpg

IMG_E3886 crop.jpg

I've tried my best to let some chips go as well. The following have been sold over the last few months:
  • Kenmore Lanes ASM cash set
  • GOCC ceramic cash set
  • Bacement ASM hotstamp set
  • Dirty Drew chipco ceramics
  • Tiki Kings (I bought some more and then sold half but still have a STT set)
  • Radisson Aruba sunfly - I'm letting the bottom end of this set go (25s/100s) and keeping the top end for T100k tourneys
  • Muertos rack of 5s - I sold this rack as it would never see use. I plan on replacing the 1ks with yellows now
  • Royal 43mm - too many "projects" so these were the easiest to let go
The Outlaw cash chips were given away. I still have a tourney set that I plan on giving to a friend.

The Royal Yaks are up for sale. I've sold a couple racks of nickels but now the whole lot is available.

And moar chips incoming!

I thought I had finished my TRK mixed cash set - I decided to let the red fracs go and use the Monte Carlo Magic NCV 25s as quarters (no idea why I didn't think of this before).

IMG_0093.JPG

But then these arrived:
IMG_0092.JPG

So now I have a problem.

I have Money Tree 5s & 25s and Pick Hobsons 5s, 25s, & 100s. It's almost like I have secondary 5s & 25s. What should I keep - the Money Trees or Pick Hobsons?

August 2019 - Matsui Emerald Bay

Love my WPS Matsui chips, so when Mel was putting together the Emerald Bay group buy, I had to have some. I can't resist the bright colour combinations and the sharp edges. In accordance with my yellow chip fetish, I decided to do the $1s in yellow since they're likely to be the workhorse chip in our game. But I made sure the set will scale. Next game scheduled for Sept 6 and these will see play.

View attachment 330744
View attachment 330745
View attachment 330748

These are some of the best looking chips that I have ever owned. The colors are blinding. Damn their slipperiness!!!

Nice collection of chips sir!

Cool anthology. The disease spreads differently by person, but often results in the same condition

I’m taking your feedback to keep away from TR Kings:)

I thought I had finished my TRK mixed cash set - I decided to let the red fracs go and use the Monte Carlo Magic NCV 25s as quarters (no idea why I didn't think of this before).

View attachment 393251

But then these arrived:
View attachment 393252

So now I have a problem.

I have Money Tree 5s & 25s and Pick Hobsons 5s, 25s, & 100s. It's almost like I have secondary 5s & 25s. What should I keep - the Money Trees or Pick Hobsons?

Put a barrel of $5s on the chip scale. Then put the other choice. I think the winner might be apparent :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom