Daniel's Saloon - Custom CPC Cash Set, HHR, 3916 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Howdy PCF,

This is the thread to cover everything related to my custom CPC order that will be going out by the end of march. From ordering, to waiting, to unboxing, to cleaning and oiling, to the first time these get felted. Come along the journey.

I came up with the theme a couple of months ago. My friends always told me that they like the way I host my games. There's no room for bullshit, just cold drinks and poker. So this has become sort of the slogan I use whenever I send out invitations for a game. I've always liked western movies and the appeal of old western towns and saloons. So it became clear pretty soon that Daniel's Saloon would be a fitting name, and after a few weeks of teaching myself some graphic design, born was the inlay.

5c.png
20c.png
1e.png
5e.png
20e.png
rebuy.png

When I first pictured the theme in my head, I was thinking of simple & retro looking chips, with a slightly aged/imperfect inlay. I had a few designs revolved around 312+ spots in the early stages but then quickly got carried away, due to the countless great sets seen on this forum and elsewhere. My design was never enough and I often had the feeling that it was too simple, not perfect or personal enough and felt the need to tweak further and further.

However in the last few days, I realized that I should just stick to the essentials and return to my original plan. I like the aesthetics of two color chips, always did. And I want the chips to look like they could be real chips made back in the day people met at noon for a duel. At least in my imagination, there would be no way to manufacture complicated chips such as 8d18 with the means available then. I decided to use 3916 spots on all of my chips. I like it a tad more than 312. Et voilá:

Proof of Concept.png

I am super happy with this design and I think it checks all the thing I wanted from this set. Thanks to everyone that made comments, gave me feedback and suggestions along the way. I already confirmed the inlay and chips with David from CPC, so right now all I need to do is finalize the number of chips I'll order per denom. This set is for two cash games I play, 5c/10c and the occasional 10c/20c. For my breakdown, I am set on 100/200/200/80/20, wich results on 600pcs total.

Feel free to comment on the design, bash my color choices or simply exchange some thoughts, I'll be happy to have you around until the chips are finally here.

- Daniel

Last edited:
Looks good. I like the simple classic style.

Curious about the rebuy button. Don’t typically see that in cash games.

I see you’re from München. Love that town!

First off, great to hear that you enjoyed Munich.

The rebuy button already sparked some discussions haha. The truth is, that it probably won’t see use in about 95% of the games.

However sometimes we play a game with limited rebuys per person. I figured I can just add these, since plain HHR are not too expensive and I don’t mind them sitting in the case for the majority of the games.

I love the classic look. I took, feel that the rebuy chip is probably not necessary. Enjoy the journey!

I am thinking about switching to 312+ spots. It's weird, because in most designs I would prefer the 3916 over 312. I tried the 312 out in the tool, after stumbling across @BonScot Pony Poker set and I kinda like it. Looks even more old school I guess. (Btw, my 20c chip sharing the 1$ colors from Pony Poker is 100% coincidential)...

I know there are a few 3916 afficionados here, so I'm wondering what everyone thinks for this particular set.

312.png

3916.png

Splitting hairs imo, both look great. I’m personally a fan of the 3916 spot, but 312 is nice too and only L1 (vs L2 for 3916).

312 over 3916 in this case where you have the same color for all the spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom