Daniel finally won one! (2 Viewers)

Then in the next tournament when DNegs busted in fourth he was fairly rude from the rail with every big hand that Cary won. Nothing wrong with cheering a bit when Cary wins a big hand, but this was bordering on needling Sam. Then when Cary finally won DNegs just unloaded with whoops and hollers like Hevad Kahn, it was as if he himself had won the tournament. He stole Cary's thunder and he also was relentless to Sam who had lost a big chip lead and was quite frankly outplayed more than once by the amateur.

There are ways to conduct oneself in poker, and it doesn't mean you have to be silent or not show enthusiasm - but you need to read the room and other players. When someone is clearly in pain you don't whoop it up in their face. When someone busts and turns to you and says 'good game' you don't ignore them. His approach just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Yeah I didn’t like that much, either. It would be one thing if the cup was arguably worth much, monetarily or prestige-wise. But the cup came with a $50K prize and nobody will remember it next week. Sam was playing for something like $300-400K. A little more respect and self restraint would have been nice.

And he's deluded himself into believing Amanda is with him for love
This is just an asshole thing to say. You can suspect it in your head, but saying it out loud isn’t cool. We all wonder, but 1) it’s none of our goddamned business and 2) who the hell knows what goes on in a relationship between 40-somethings?

We’ve been through this before, and you can say a lot of things about him that I’d agree with - insecure for one. Annoying, I couldn’t argue with that. But you always go to the hypocrite well, cherry-picking a couple of small issues from another decade, and I just don’t see it.

Agreed. The pros today all take 30 seconds of motionless sitting every decision and have zero social skills, a snoozefest to watch
And then they reach for their chips and put them out there in some slow motion 7 second move that should take 2 seconds! It’s painful. It’s like at some point, all these guys decided to copy what Fedor Holz was doing like a decade ago, and they havent stopped.

Anyone else here what Cary said about Daniel at the end? Something about how it was amazing how Daniel "slid in Daniel at the end of this to end up winning the cup", which I thought was a clear dig showing that he didn't believe Daniel deserved it.

And then they reach for their chips and put them out there in some slow motion 7 second move that should take 2 seconds! It’s painful. It’s like at some point, all these guys decided to copy what Fedor Holz was doing like a decade ago, and they have t stopped.

Like at what point do they just go, screw it! Put them all in isolated booths with headphones, laptops, and sit them around a big electronic table that has flashing lights, stack sizes, and HUDs for all to see? That's essentially what these games have devolved into.

Anyone else here what Cary said about Daniel at the end? Something about how it was amazing how Daniel "slid in Daniel at the end of this to end up winning the cup", which I thought was a clear dig showing that he didn't believe Daniel deserved it.
I heard it and I didn’t have that reaction. It just seemed very complimentary to me - the guy just won a million dollar tournament and he spend half his interview complimenting Daniel.
Those two seem pretty friendly, or at least respectful, and to me, and Cary Katz has never struck me as a guy who’s interested in an ounce of drama.

And at the risk of sounding like the giant Daniel defender - They had 8 tournaments that payed ten percent of the field. He won the second biggest one and min-cashed 3 others, and the points worked out in his favor. I’m fine with him winning the cup, for whatever it’s worth.

How so?

Dnegs called out Ferguson for being an Atheist with the nickname "Jesus" because Dnegs is born again, as if Jesus gave himself the nickname

He's attended "The Choice Centers" which is just amother Scientology type scam

His outburst about knocking someones teeth out and then feeding it to them anally is pretty lit, lol

And he's deluded himself into believing Amanda is with him for love

I'm sure there's many other examples, I was a big fan of him back in the day until he started showing his true colors
He also dresses like a 13 year old :LOL: :laugh:

You miss the point. Saying you have a 2 foot c%*k and actually having a 2 foot c%*k are two different things entirely.

The same with saying you are born again. I never said he didn't SAY he was born again. I took issue with whether he WAS born again. Because his actions show that clearly he is not.

You miss the point. Saying you have a 2 foot c%*k and actually having a 2 foot c%*k are two different things entirely.

The same with saying you are born again. I never said he didn't SAY he was born again. I took issue with whether he WAS born again. Because his actions show that clearly he is not.
Hey, I have a big problem with people who say they’re Christians, but then base their beliefs on the fire and brimstone bullshit from the Old Testament, instead of what Christ said and did in the New Testament. Those people are hypocrites (though they may just be mislead ignorants.)

The reason I get annoyed when somebody who won’t be named (but who plays a lot of PLO) calls Daniel Negreanu a hypocrite, is because I’ve never seen or heard Daniel say anything about god or Jesus or Christianity. Obviously Anthony has been following Daniel longer than I have, because he remembers this stuff. I wonder what year that “faith” blog was posted?

But from my more contemporary perspective, I’ve been watching and listening to almost literally everything the guy has said for the past five years - the good, the bad, and the annoying - and I’ve never heard a single word about his religious beliefs. So maybe we’re both right - maybe he has been a hypocrite in the past, and maybe he isn’t now? Maybe he’s no longer born again (does that mean he’s dead again) or maybe he just keeps that stuff to himself, now.

Hey, I have a big problem with people who say they’re Christians, but then base their beliefs on the fire and brimstone bullshit from the Old Testament, instead of what Christ said and did in the New Testament. Those people are hypocrites (though they may just be mislead ignorants.)

The reason I get annoyed when somebody who won’t be named (but who plays a lot of PLO) calls Daniel Negreanu a hypocrite, is because I’ve never seen or heard Daniel say anything about god or Jesus or Christianity. Obviously Anthony has been following Daniel longer than I have, because he remembers this stuff. I wonder what year that “faith” blog was posted?

But from my more contemporary perspective, I’ve been watching and listening to almost literally everything the guy has said for the past five years - the good, the bad, and the annoying - and I’ve never heard a single word about his religious beliefs. So maybe we’re both right - maybe he has been a hypocrite in the past, and maybe he isn’t now? Maybe he’s no longer born again (does that mean he’s dead again) or maybe he just keeps that stuff to himself, now.

I don't believe I said he was a hypocrite about his religious beliefs?

But I do find him "preachy" in general, across a range of topics, being vegan, talking about controlling tilt when he's a rage monkey, etc

I feel like it's my inference that Amanda is only with him for the money that seems to irk you the most

I don't believe I said he was a hypocrite about his religious beliefs?

But I do find him "preachy" in general, across a range of topics, being vegan, talking about controlling tilt when he's a rage monkey, etc

I feel like it's my inference that Amanda is only with him for the money that seems to irk you the most
No, it's that if you're not right on target on all points, you're certainly surrounding the target. And despite all his flaws, I still like the guy.
I'd rather he be better. But I'd also rather his detractors cut him some slack - he's just a guy.

No, it's that if you're not right on target on all points, you're certainly surrounding the target. And despite all his flaws, I still like the guy.
I'd rather he be better. But I'd also rather his detractors cut him some slack - he's just a guy.

I find him entertaining to watch, way more than most of todays pros

But I just can't stand fake people who put on a public facade but are not even close to the type of person they claim to be

I'd rather watch old Daniel clips on you tube than the current version. Not just the attitude. He played better poker back then. Too much GTO clogging up his otherwise talented poker brain.

Agreed.
Interestingly, in Orthodox tradition even the New Testament is NOT considered as "the Lord's words"; it's clearly understood as a testimony by His human followers.

I just can't stand fake people who put on a public facade but are not even close to the type of person they claim to be
Like, say, Helmuth? Claims he's a angel of a guy, but in public is an egotistical ass.... which some claim is an act.

Like, say, Helmuth? Claims he's a angel of a guy, but in public is an egotistical ass.... which some claim is an act.

I think he's similar to Tony G. At the table his ego and competativeness cause the monster to come out

But away from the tables I've heard he's not bad

I've always liked him because he was entertaining at the table. I haven't been watching too much poker lately, sad to hear that his demeanor has soured. Also, I'm concerned if all the new guys don't talk at the table. That makes for a very boring watch. That has to be concerning for the future. You need to draw new fans into watching poker that are not high level players. I'm also concerned about the WSOP moving to CBS from ESPN. I really liked Lon McEron and Norman Chad, and ESPN's approach to the tournament, making it an entertaining watch and not just poker strategy. I know many here probably don't like Norman Chad, but I thought the ESPN provided some sort of bridge to poker novices for some entertainment along with the poker. It's much more entertaining if you have good guys and bad guys to root for, and not just poker robots.

I've always liked him because he was entertaining at the table. I haven't been watching too much poker lately, sad to hear that his demeanor has soured. Also, I'm concerned if all the new guys don't talk at the table. That makes for a very boring watch. That has to be concerning for the future. You need to draw new fans into watching poker that are not high level players. I'm also concerned about the WSOP moving to CBS from ESPN. I really liked Lon McEron and Norman Chad, and ESPN's approach to the tournament, making it an entertaining watch and not just poker strategy. I know many here probably don't like Norman Chad, but I thought the ESPN provided some sort of bridge to poker novices for some entertainment along with the poker. It's much more entertaining if you have good guys and bad guys to root for, and not just poker robots.

Love Lon and Norm as announcers

I recently finished an 11 hour pokergo stream from the 2018 Colossus and felt Tuckman and Kersetter were both really good too

So, Daniel says Phil's wsop bracelets mean nothing and Phil should play all the super high rollers instead. What is he doing at this very moment? Trying to get a bracelet at a $600 buy in on line with like 515 entrants.

Last edited:
So, Daniel says Phil's wsop bracelets mean nothing and Phil should play all the super high rollers instead. What is he doing at this very moment? Trying to get a bracelet at a $600 buy in on line with like 115 entrants.
Did Daniel say that?
I know Phil got pissy recently because Daniel is closing in on Phil's "most WSOP cashes" because of all the online events.
The two of them need to stop fighting; they're like a pair of old ladies.

He did. More than once. But only before Phil pulled the shut out on him. Notably, not after.

Daniel might win another one! Currently watching his stream, 5 left in the $600 NLHE on WSOP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom