Da Vinci aluminum 750 chip case for $30 on Amazon (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'll start by saying yes, this case is pretty much junk. But I wanted something bigger than a 650 chip case and something smaller than a 1000 chip case, and this was pretty much all there was to choose from. And for only $30, it was worth a shot.
As much as I love chips in racks, storage-wise, an aluminum case I can shove under a couch makes a whole lot more sense to me than racks or birdcages on shelves. And make no mistake, this was a storage solution, not a transportation solution.
When this is transported, it will sit in the back seat of the car, then be carried under and arm or with two hands (BUT BY NO MEANS EVER EVER BY THE HANDLE) into the house. Because the latches and handle are junk, as you'd expect for $30, shipped.
And I also like the instant access to all chips that you get with a case, as opposed to pulling racks out of a birdcage.
Anyway, this thing holds 82 used paulsons per row, so it's actually an 820 chip case. And though I'd rather a case that didn't waste space for decks of cards, since those barely exist, I can accept this layout of 2 decks and a square in the middle for dealer buttons.
So, as a storage option, this isn't bad. If I were traveling with chips a lot, I'd definitely go with a beefy versa case. And actually, if versa made an option between 500 and 1000 chips, I probably would have gone with it anyway. But they don't, so this works for me.

image.jpg

I bought a similar 750 for the express purpose of storing tons of cheap chips that will never leave the house. By utilizing the center card and dice (WTF?) sections I was able to get about 860 in. Nice to have some flexibility in that regard.

I bought a similar 750 for the express purpose of storing tons of cheap chips that will never leave the house. By utilizing the center card and dice (WTF?) sections I was able to get about 860 in. Nice to have some flexibility in that regard.
Oh I'm glad you mentioned that. I guess that's what I like about this layout. NO DICE!
I have no idea if the chip case manufactuters think a craps game is gonna break out in the middle of a poker game, or if it's supposed to be a Yahtzee game or what.

I have no idea if the chip case manufactuters think a craps game is gonna break out in the middle of a poker game, or if it's supposed to be a Yahtzee game or what
Well considering these cases are made where Pai Gow originates and in that country it's played with dominoes...

I should also add that these cases are the kind of things to add on to an existing Amazon order that qualifies for free shipping. Nothing against the vendors on this site - I've bought from many - but these dang things are simply not economical to ship. You buy a $25 case and pay $15 to ship it because of the dimensions not the weight.

Mine was the two day Amazon prime shipping, so no extra costs. A big plus at this price point. You can find cases on eBay that sell for less than their shipping costs.

They all need to be oiled, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm still resisting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom