Cyberpunk 2077 (1 Viewer)

I hear lots of Scrub Gonks are going to be there. Easy eddies.

I've got a job for you. Two guys from the Valentinos have been cheating at cards by using illegal cyber implants.

Gonna need to get your hands dirty with this one, I need them taught a very public lesson.

I think my new favorite game term is "Corpo C*nt" now. Heard it in at least 2 separate missions now. I heard it in a cafe talking to Takemura, and again today in a mission where a guy really wants to reenact a religious ritual. I'm sure I'll hear it again.

I think my new favorite game term is "Corpo C*nt" now. Heard it in at least 2 separate missions now. I heard it in a cafe talking to Takemura, and again today in a mission where a guy really wants to reenact a religious ritual. I'm sure I'll hear it again.

Really enjoying the side missions with the Peralez guy running for Mayor, the cop River and Pan Am.

I've been holding off on a lot of the main quest stuff as I focus on side missions, which Johnny gets involved in somewhat and will shape the endings

Also been focusing on leveling up my quickhacks and my crafting abilities

My armor level is stupid at this point because I've got a bunch of gear with mod slots that I was able to craft armor enhancements for

In addition I'm able to take out most enemies with quickhacks without them ever seeing me

The side missions add a ton of flavor. I am currently hunting cyber psychos. Had a guy with a rail gun flat line me at least five times before I figured out how to beat him without killing him.

The side missions add a ton of flavor. I am currently hunting cyber psychos. Had a guy with a rail gun flat line me at least five times before I figured out how to beat him without killing him.

I usually cripple their movement with a quick hack, then use an electrified baton to subdue them

Think I've gotten about 8 so far, halway there

Oh, and my female character has successfully wooed Judy. I can only imagine what those production meetings were like. I remember GTA in 2004 having a lot of problems with the fallout from “hot coffee”. Hot Coffee is amateur compared to some of the content in this game!

I usually cripple their movement with a quick hack, then use an electrified baton to subdue them

Think I've gotten about 8 so far, halway there
I just got a pipe wrench that does non lethal 1000 DPS. No idea where it came from, but my best melee weapon before it did 400. If it is a glitch, I’m keeping it!

I just got a pipe wrench that does non lethal 1000 DPS. No idea where it came from, but my best melee weapon before it did 400. If it is a glitch, I’m keeping it!

Not a glitch. Don't forget to check your crafting and upgrade screens, you can get more dps than that

Think my baton is over 1400 dps

Finally bought the Cyberpunk chip I had been watching on eBay for a while

C381041F-0D87-479D-873B-D2219C100C29.jpeg

Buying it really had nothing to do with the game, been keeping an eye out for a few chips of this color

Oh for fucks sake. I won't ruin which character or mission it is, but there's one where they just have to toss in a character saying "before my gender transition".

Good grief, I hate how games are always trying to shoehorn that stuff into the game where it has zero to do with anything. They did it with Dragon Age Inquisition too and in both games it just comes across as pandering rather than making sense within the scope of the story you're in.

If you're going to put that in there, make it integral to that characters storyline/mission, rather than just a useless afterthought because you're trying to score social justice points.

Oh for fucks sake. I won't ruin which character or mission it is, but there's one where they just have to toss in a character saying "before my gender transition".

Good grief, I hate how games are always trying to shoehorn that stuff into the game where it has zero to do with anything. They did it with Dragon Age Inquisition too and in both games it just comes across as pandering rather than making sense within the scope of the story you're in.

If you're going to put that in there, make it integral to that characters storyline/mission, rather than just a useless afterthought because you're trying to score social justice points.
I saw that too. Felt out of place. Didn't bother me, but it felt forced.

Normalisation in action mate. You'll get there eventually and mostly likely be pretty embarrassed with yourself looking back in 5/10 years.

"Shoehorn that stuff" ... "Put that in there" ... What are you scared of?

I'd be willing to bet big money that there are MANY instances of your gaming characters referencing something about their background that feels forced and irrelevant to the story but doesn't get you nearly as hot and bothered. Ask yourself why that is? Don't use the thinly vieled excuse that it doesn't play a role in the story. A little self reflection will help you going forward as there is much more normalisation to come.

I'm not a gamer but I believe Keanu played a role in this game. Could be he requested last minute for a trans character to be included in the game given his previous relationship with Jamie Clayton?

Normalisation in action mate. You'll get there eventually and mostly likely be pretty embarrassed with yourself looking back in 5/10 years.

"Shoehorn that stuff" ... "Put that in there" ... What are you scared of?

I'd be willing to bet big money that there are MANY instances of your gaming characters referencing something about their background that feels forced and irrelevant to the story but doesn't get you nearly as hot and bothered. Ask yourself why that is? Don't use the thinly vieled excuse that it doesn't play a role in the story. A little self reflection will help you going forward as there is much more normalisation to come.

I'm not a gamer but I believe Keanu played a role in this game. Could be he requested last minute for a trans character to be included in the game given his previous relationship with Jamie Clayton?

And here we go. It's funny, I brought this up in some gaming groups on facebook and the lefties came out in force to accuse me of being racist, homphobic, transphobic, etc, calling me princess and so forth

IF the character being trans had ANY bearing on their storyline I'm fine with it being included

But this is like a lady wanting revenge for her murdered husband and in the middle of the conversation mentioning she does Crossfit. Like, what the fuck does that have to do with anything we were just talking about???

It definetely felt forced into the story and came across as pandering

Have a trans character that is dealing with some sort of oppression, or a killer targeting trans people that you have to stop, make being trans integral for their questline, and it makes sense to bring it up.

But just force it in for the sake of inclusion and it detracts from whatever message they're trying to convey

Keanu plays a big role in the game. But what you're saying would actually prove my point if that is the case, that it was shoehorned in to pander, rather than having any actual thought behind its inclusion except being done for the sake of inclusion

I get what you are saying Anthony. There is that one guy who is clearly Christian, and he didn't just mention it in an irrelevant conversation. "Hey, thanks for getting my grandma's chain back from those bad guys. I'm a Christian and ima go to work now then do some vegan crossfit." It's like, his whole quest line.

I'm having trouble leveling up. It's slow going. I've been at 50 street cred for hours of play time now tho. Level 33. Going around the map to all the gigs and police scanner reports.

And half the skill trees are shit. Spending a perk point to "increase this damage by 5%" or "increase that chance by 3%" is meaningless. Make it 50%, something I'll notice. Skyrim had that part right. If you spent a perk point, you got new spells, or new abilities, or a huge buff to something.

The main story here though, is excellent. Top notch. I loved the side quest with the surprise in the box. "Who is he?" I asked. "The ambassador to Mexico, what do you care?" my contact retorted. ROFL.

I get what you are saying Anthony. There is that one guy who is clearly Christian, and he didn't just mention it in an irrelevant conversation. "Hey, thanks for getting my grandma's chain back from those bad guys. I'm a Christian and ima go to work now then do some vegan crossfit." It's like, his whole quest line.

I'm having trouble leveling up. It's slow going. I've been at 50 street cred for hours of play time now tho. Level 33. Going around the map to all the gigs and police scanner reports.

And half the skill trees are shit. Spending a perk point to "increase this damage by 5%" or "increase that chance by 3%" is meaningless. Make it 50%, something I'll notice. Skyrim had that part right. If you spent a perk point, you got new spells, or new abilities, or a huge buff to something.

The main story here though, is excellent. Top notch. I loved the side quest with the surprise in the box. "Who is he?" I asked. "The ambassador to Mexico, what do you care?" my contact retorted. ROFL.
I saw a story than mentioned that CDPR realisticly thought it would be 2022 before this have was ready. Too many games are pushed out before they are ready these days. It's too easy to justify it since they can just patch it later.

I saw a story than mentioned that CDPR realisticly thought it would be 2022 before this have was ready. Too many games are pushed out before they are ready these days. It's too easy to justify it since they can just patch it later.
I've read that when this Cyberpunk 2077 is finished, it will be awesome.

There's definitely some things not fully thought out or accounted for. I've been doing a ton of side quests and there's one couple that has a really interesting side quest that just kinda ends, regardless of the choice you make, which was a bit disappointing. Although rumor is that it may be expanded upon with a future DLC.

However, that quest involves someone who wants to become the new mayor of Night City. And after they were elected I stumbled across a smaller side quest from a local fixer to sabotage a group that was attempting to get that person elected as Mayor (even though they had already been elected at that point in my game) so that broke the immersion.

Still, overall the game has been fun, although it's massive with lots of things to discover. Combat has become mostly trivial for me but I'm around level 40 at this point and I think the cap is 50, and I mostly just use quickhack abilities from a distance and wipe most groups out before they even know I'm there.

And if I do get into a firefight I'm able to take people down fairly quick and I have a TON of armor as I've got my ability up to 18 so I can craft legendary items and have boosted my stats quite a bit.

You are right that combat, even against a lot of enemies, is trivial.

If they spend 5 years cleaning up the game, improving it, and making great DLC, they will make another billion dollars.

Damn, 137 hours into this thing so far. Cleared out all the sidequests on the map (although there's still one or two at least left as far as my journal goes, they just don't have markers on the map, involve calling certain contacts)

Think I'm level 47 or 48 at this point, so almost maxed. Disappointed that the Johnny Silverhand clothing isn't Legendary level and there are better items to use instead of his.

Cleared out a bunch of the police stuff on the map, but there always seems to be more. Not sure if it's possible to get them all and obtain some sort of achievement for it or if they just randomly spawn to give you something else to do.

Getting close to the end of this game I think though, but trying to see everything there is to see on the way.

cyber.png

Look everybody, it's Johnny Silverhand!

johnny.png

Now Level 49, getting SO close. Still trying to squeeze all the experiences out of this game before I finish the main quest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom