Cutthroats CPC tourney set (2 Viewers)

Steamtrain

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Starting the process of designing of a 5 denomination tournament set based on the theme of Cutthroat trout.
I love fly fishing.

*Edit added a sixth denomination
Colorado River
Yellowstone
Snake River
Westslope
Greenback
Rio Grande

Any suggestions, critiques and comments appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

September 1
IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Also what is the best way to post mock ups from the chip design tool?

Current mockup
September 6
IMG_0515.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe flip the base color and the white spot on your 4DS18 chip? White base will brighten up the set as a whole and the spots with different shades of blue are water-like.

I like the fourth option.

Couple other things:
- What denominations are you thinking?
- Personally, I’d try not to repeat a spot pattern, but that’s just a weird OCD thing that I think many of us share.

Denominations for this set
T25, T100, T500, T1,000, T5,000

3D14 is one of my favorite edge spot patterns, I'm not OCD about repeating patterns.
The mock up that was in Fun/Science thread was going to be a T5 tourney set.

I can see a lot of dirty stacks and confusion on bet amounts with the T100 & T1000, even the light green of the T25 can cause issues with any of the lighter colored blues.

If you don’t have a sample set you make sure to get one if you are serious about having a set made. Having to replace a denomination later in because it causes issues will cost you a lot more!

In my sample set on the scroll mold the Bluple chip very dark chip and the peacock a medium chip.
How much different would it be on a hhr mold?
Base color suggestions for the T1,000?

In my sample set on the scroll mold the Bluple chip very dark chip and the peacock a medium chip.
How much different would it be on a hhr mold?
Base color suggestions for the T1,000?

They are different for sure, but it would be easy in not ideal lighting for them to get mixed up in stacks.

Especially since you are added a light spot to the blurple chip and a dark spot to the peacock chip

I’d still suggest a charcoal or black base instead of that blurple. Your spot colours will make it more likely atm for dirty stacks.

I’m really not loving that butterscotch chip. Id really be looking to add some bright spot colours on that base in order to make it look a lighter colour. It looks muddy with the red and green.

I like the 1k and 5k colours.
DEEC15D7-5A78-4965-96AF-4A9589A7CEA3.jpeg

Last edited:
I like that line up!

Unfortunately in my color sample set on scroll Dayglo Pink and Butterscotch would not be good next to each other.
Oddly other samples have a much brighter look, is this because of the mold or did they change the color formula over time?
IMG_0502.JPG

Just mixed this up on my favorite edge spot pattern. I like the base colors a lot, not finding the right combos of spot colors, especially on the green and red chips.
IMG_0500.jpg

Just mixed this up on my favorite edge spot pattern. I like the base colors a lot, not finding the right combos of spot colors, especially on the green and red chips.
View attachment 196200

I’d switch the grey spots from the green chip with the white spots on the red chip. I’ve mocked similar looking chips in the past and have always liked the way they look. Adds more contrast to each chip. For the blue chip, try DG yellow/DG peacock, DG peacock/DG Saturn. Sub the DG peach on the butterscotch chip with a purple tint, either lavender or purple and it looks a lot like the Delta Club $20, which is one of my faves.

Have no input on the purple chip. For me purple base chips are the hardest to mock up because all end up looking like many of the Paulson home lines purple chips

So what do you think? If I give you too many suggestions it’s going to start looking like one of my planned sets hahaha

Liking these colours more than your earlier ones, although I don’t like the black spot on the blurple chip. I also personally feel that two super bright spots on dg peacock looks amazing. See @Trihonda and his fat tire $1s (dg green and dg tiger I believe) as an example. I also went super bright with that base, as per my avatar and it’s my favourite chip from my set.
I feel that on your current mockup the blue spot gets lost next to dg yellow.
04E04175-97BD-4579-84BC-82BD5F83066B.jpeg

469DEB11-1EC0-46E8-8A57-BE1D9315C434.jpeg

Fire tiger, dayglo yellow and peacock is amazing!
I'm starting to see this a lot and is almost a must have.

@Perthmike That is much improved over what I have done myself, Thank You.

Liking these colours more than your earlier ones, although I don’t like the black spot on the blurple chip. I also personally feel that two super bright spots on dg peacock looks amazing. See @Trihonda and his fat tire $1s (dg green and dg tiger I believe) as an example. I also went super bright with that base, as per my avatar and it’s my favourite chip from my set.
I feel that on your current mockup the blue spot gets lost next to dg yellow.
View attachment 196253
View attachment 196254

Thanks for the shout out. Ya. I love the colors on my $1. They really work well, but it took many months of back and forth with samples to pick them.

AA1C01DC-6605-4830-88B5-20C069C7863E.jpeg
78DF74DB-2C3E-4666-830E-33A93323B4DC.jpeg

My Son just got his first Fly setup for his birthday. He caught his first fish with it tonight. Lousy pic because I wanted to get it back in the water, but it was a pretty decent cutthroat for around here...
image.png

Sorry, for the shameless brag, and slight thread jack, but thought of this set on the drive home.

@ChipEnvy Nice Cutthroat!
Looks about 16 inches?

Those Fat Tire chips are Amazing! And whole setup! @Trihonda

General purpose tourney breakdown that I'm thinking. 20 player maximum( more like 16) no rebuys currently
And a few extra chips

175 x T25
175 x T100
100 x T500
150 x T1000
100 x T5,000
Total 700
???

For 16-20 players, 150 T500 is overkill. My favorite breakdown is built for 16 players but can accommodate up to 24 players if needed.

200/200/100/200/100. Only 100 more chips than your proposed breakdown.

Stacks of 12/12/5/6/X for 16 players, 8/8/4/7/X for up to 24. Plenty of chips for colorups, plenty of chips for rebuys depending on starting stacks, nice, full, even racks.

What about adding a sixth denomination?
The Colorado River Cutthroat would be the next in line, it is missing from the original lineup.
Just more chips.
And more chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom