CSQ Mold Set. LAW (1 Viewer)

Mushmanchuman

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a cool lil (semi) playable CSQ set I scored from marketplace. They were somewhere up in Montana. I plan to mill them myself and slap on some custom labels.

Here they are oiled and mostly dried.
IMG_1119.jpeg
IMG_1118.jpeg
IMG_1122.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

In general - i never milled a chip, but i guess i would destroy half of them.
So good success!

Nice Chips.

BTW, the order records for the Portland Card Co (Portland, OR) who owned the CSQ mold and hot stamped those chips still exist, and summaries of those records are in the The Gaming Table (2017).

Your chips were sold to Chuck Colier, Oxford Bar and Billiards, 331 First Street, Haver, Montana, in 1976. He ordered just the four colors, which you have.

The chips were made by the Burt company. You can actually see that by looking at the edges of the chips, which are missing the brass filings. I believe that ASM was the first to use brass. Burt used other metals to add weight to their chips.

Last edited:
Nice Chips.

BTW, the order records for the Portland Card Co (Portland, OR) who owned the CSQ mold and hot stamped those chips still exist, and summaries of those records are in the The Gaming Table (2017).

Your chips were sold to Chuck Colier, Oxford Bar and Billiards, 331 First Street, Haver, Montana, in 1976. He ordered just the four colors, which you have.

The chips were made by the Burt company. You can actually see that by looking at the sides of the chips, which are missing the brass filings. I believe that ASM was the first to use brass. Burt used other metals to add weight to their chips.
That’s awesome man. I didn’t know there were records for these sets. Does it say how many chips were made total?

That’s awesome man. I didn’t know there were records for these sets. Does it say how many chips were made total?
The number of chips sold is the main thing missing from The Gaming Table records. Chip numbers and probably some additional information would be on the original order card. The person who owns those cards has not yet made the actual cards public.

BTW, the Oxford Bar is still open, at the same address in Havre, and still offers poker. I'm guessing that they have replaced their chips several times since they ordered those CSQ chips.

Oxford Bar.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom