Cash Game Crazy Pineapple Night (1 Viewer)

Sisu41

Pair
Reaction score
Last home game, we played a few hands of Crazy Pineapple and I think we enjoyed it more than standard hold'em. We played it no limit, which idk if it's the right way to play. I want to know how many BBs a player should get for a buy-in. Should I increase it to 150 as opposed to 100? I can do that but idk if I need to.

its a variant of NLH, so yes you typically play it NL, but you can play it Pot Limit

I don't think so but then, I don't think highly of NLH.

I would argue that its (pineapple) going to create more action, so if players are more likely to shove then you would want to NOT increase the buy in so that the player will be able to have more rebuys. 2 rebuys @ 15 where as they would have 3 rebuys at 10, which keeps the game going longer.

I'm trying to put together a tourney of

Big O
God's Game (aka dbl board omaha)
Draw2maha

While these are the milder of the circus games, they might be too much for your group; I would start with good ol fashion PLO - .10 / .10 is a great structure for it, I would leave the buy ins at 10 bucks, and ask everyone to at least bring 3 buy ins

1701962921809.png

you just need to memorize 1 catch phrase.

You MUST use 2 cards from your hand, and you can ONLY use 2 cards from your hand.

oh and as a side note, nothing big but you need to know how to properly calculate the pot :sneaky:

you just need to memorize 1 catch phrase.

You MUST use 2 cards from your hand, and you can ONLY use 2 cards from your hand.

oh and as a side note, nothing big but you need to know how to properly calculate the pot :sneaky:
Always always start with the example "if I get dealt 4 5's, I'm going to fold! I can only use two, so I only have a pair."

Even if you wouldn't actually fold, helps to visualize.

I think my players know how to play, I just think that we might need to adjust the blinds/buy-in

Last home game, we played a few hands of Crazy Pineapple and I think we enjoyed it more than standard hold'em. We played it no limit, which idk if it's the right way to play. I want to know how many BBs a player should get for a buy-in. Should I increase it to 150 as opposed to 100? I can do that but idk if I need to.

I don't change my buy in structure when we mix in pineapple or Omaha or any of that. 200bb max with or without these. The stacks do go faster though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom