Cash Game Crazy Pineapple 8? (1 Viewer)

Sisu41

Pair
Reaction score
I'm definitely doing a Pineapple night friday but should I make it Hi/Lo? M players played CP High last week so I don't think it's too much to learn but what does everyone here think? it'll be .1/.1 pot limit

Hi/Lo pineapple would be the same as Hi/Lo Hold'em .. which I guess you can play .. but why? Do both cards need to play?

I think Hi/Lo should be reserved for Omaha variants.. or games with 4+ cards. Remember, Pineapple you are discarding a card pre(or post) flop, and will only have 2 cards at showdown

In most formal game mixes, Crazy Pineapple is played Hi/Lo split with the 8 qualifier.

My thoughts on it generally will be that it will induce action, as players with three low cards are more likely to enter the pot. It also encourages ditching high pairs for low straight and flush draws because of the additional lo side equity.

I think it would be a fun action game, but tighter players will find it pretty boring and high variance.

I assume that for the low element both hole cards MUST play? The alternative is everyone with an Ace will be chopping an ungodly amount of ways and times on most qualifying boards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom