Status
Not open for further replies.

jrs146

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Hi All,
I'm strongly considering ordering a tournament set from CPC. I'm not thrilled about the wait but I think it may be a better option than trying to piece together a Paulson tournament set. It seems that the higher denomination chips are really hard and expensive to acquire. I'd be interested in buying or even better borrowing a sample set from CPC so I can see and feel the various colors. I'd probably be trying to keep it to around $2-2.50 a chip so I will probably go with the horsehead or the A-crest mold.

Definitely get yourself a few different CPC samples before you pull that trigger on a full set! Especially the different molds and edge spots, it makes all the difference to see things in person. I remember sketching out a custom CPC set for myself when I first joined... when I look back at the things I thought I liked then, I shutter now. I’m SO glad I didn’t spend $3000 on a custom set that I wouldn’t be happy with today. For example, initially I thought I would 100% get the A-mold but now I can't even look at those chips. True story. Waiting for anything is frustrating, and even putting in an order with CPC can take upwards of a year so it will be a wait no matter what, however with samples in hand, and really thinking through what will make you happy in the long run, that will be the best way forward.

Color sample to start. Maybe I should be considering getting samples of both. So much to choose!
It is alot to consider in the beginning, but I was much like you when I joined.

If you are looking for a quick fix like I was when I joined, some of the stock options are awesome! CSQ (circle square) is a fine choice IMHO. (Just an opinion still). I personally purchased a set of Rounders on CSQ. 700 chips to start. It's 1000 today. I'd never sell it. My best value chipset per $. Hands down. Felted many times and still feels new. These CPC are durable and feel awesome!

If you really want a custom set, it's gonna be worth the time it takes to get through and sample the molds and see the colors in person. You'll spend hard earned good money on bad if you don't see it through with time and consideration.

I just recently ordered a sample set of the hot stamps from CPC and decided to order the mold set and the color sample sets as well. If you go to their website you could order all three for around $100 and change.

It is alot to consider in the beginning, but I was much like you when I joined.

If you are looking for a quick fix like I was when I joined, some of the stock options are awesome! CSQ (circle square) is a fine choice IMHO. (Just an opinion still). I personally purchased a set of Rounders on CSQ. 700 chips to start. It's 1000 today. I'd never sell it. My best value chipset per $. Hands down. Felted many times and still feels new. These CPC are durable and feel awesome!

If you really want a custom set, it's gonna be worth the time it takes to get through and sample the molds and see the colors in person. You'll spend hard earned good money on bad if you don't see it through with time and consideration.
Yeah this is a great option also. I’ve seriously thought about it. It seems the price of the stock chips is about the same as a full custom set. Just less wait time. So I’m inclined to build my own and get it exactly how I want. But I’m not looking forward to the long wait.

I have a hot stamped color sample set that is a few years old. $65 shipped. If you are interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom