CPC Sample Set Arrived (1 Viewer)

ChippinUp

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
My CPC Rounders Scroll sample set arrived today. All I can say is wow. The advice on samples does not disappoint and in this case has opened my eyes to a whole new appreciation for CPC offerings.

Initially I thought the rounders theme might be something interesting to have but after feeling the quality the custom sets have even more appeal.

These chips could clearly use an oil as they arrive very chalky. I noticed in comparison to mint Paulsons I had an easier time shuffling these.

Hats off to CPC. You have a new customer for sure.

Attachments

• 41149026-6DAA-4BFD-8A86-F447FC47CF27.jpeg
    41149026-6DAA-4BFD-8A86-F447FC47CF27.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 177
  • BAEC1040-5984-4161-8E86-A41D80BE6F0A.jpeg
    BAEC1040-5984-4161-8E86-A41D80BE6F0A.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 4BB27F8A-7C6D-436B-A5DE-0117C5132C49.jpeg
    4BB27F8A-7C6D-436B-A5DE-0117C5132C49.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 175
My CPC Rounders Scroll sample set arrived today. All I can say is wow. The advice on samples does not disappoint and in this case has opened my eyes to a whole new appreciation for CPC offerings.

Initially I thought the rounders theme might be something interesting to have but after feeling the quality the custom sets have even more appeal.

These chips could clearly use an oil as they arrive very chalky. I noticed in comparison to mint Paulsons I had an easier time shuffling these.

Hats off to CPC. You have a new customer for sure.
Custom FTW!

Keep mind that the CPC molds can feel a lot different, so make sure you get samples of each you are considering using.

Official colors for sample sets are

$1 – white 414 pink

$5 – red 414 dg yellow

$25 – green 414 dg peach

$100 – black 414 dg green

$500 – purple 614 dg arc yellow

$1000 – canary 514 blue

$5000 – lt choc 514 white

This was from David back when I ran the initial group buy for them. (Just looked back at the email, was January of 2015.)

Are the inlays on the rounders chips applied in the same fashion as a Paulson? Was curious if they are set into the chip itself or applied more like a gear label?

Like all CPC chips, these are pressed into the chip as part of the compression process, so yes, the same as Paulson.

https://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/mfgchip.htm
Same, but not the same, I’d suggest. I removed the inlays from a rack of CPC, and it was easy. As in, really, really easy. I think I had it down to about 5 seconds per chip. I’ve never removed a Paulson inlay, but after reading a few threads about it, it sounds significantly more difficult. So, even though they are both inlaid during the compression process, something about it seems very different.

Same, but not the same, I’d suggest. I removed the inlays from a rack of CPC, and it was easy. As in, really, really easy. I think I had it down to about 5 seconds per chip. I’ve never removed a Paulson inlay, but after reading a few threads about it, it sounds significantly more difficult. So, even though they are both inlaid during the compression process, something about it seems very different.
Well that’s sort of good to hear I think lol

I was wondering if you down the road swapping out for new labels would be as difficult as a Paulson “murder” but sounds like it isn’t….

I agree there are differences, but the concept and general method is the same which I why I said what I did. The devil is in the details.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom