Interest CPC Rounders Scroll (maybe CSQ ) Mold .05c Nickels for Micro Stakes (1 Viewer)

postmanpete

Pair
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Hi All

I had a blast playing micro stakes this past weekend with my new Rounders CPC .25c chips. The only thing I'd like to fix is that I'm currently using these plain pink diamond chips as my nickels.

I would like to find some other members who would be interested in doing a Group Buy on Nickels for the Rounders Scroll molds with the traditional Bear label.

@David Spragg mentioned to me once that making up some .05c chips would be a custom order and there was a minimum of 300 chips if I recall.

For this lowest denom chip, I only need 1 rack at the most. I'm not going to be real picky about what it looks like so feel free to throw out your ideas. I think it would be smart to use a main body color that is different than the other colors in the standard denoms. I'm also not a stickler about the number of spots. It seems like it should probably have just 2 spots like the .25c chips or just one or be plain.

Feel free to use the Poker Chips Design Tool and put up any ideas.

cpc_samplechip.png

Cool idea. I'm all for encouraging nickel chips, even though I don't have any Rounders... Yet! I might be in for a rack, just because why not!

Looking at CPC, here are the Primary cash chips.

RoundersSset_sml.jpg

And here are the Fracs and some high denom chips.

RoundersSset2_sml.jpg

Your base color design looks pretty close to the 50 cent chip. Or is that chip the basic yellow? Hard to tell and the webpage doesn't list the exact colors.

I do realize most would not use a 5 cent and a 50 cent chip together, but I'm personally not digging the butterscotch. I'd like to see a livelier color like lavender, canary, retro lavender or a dayglow color. I'd stick with two edge spots. The cash set has four consecutive chips with 4 edge spots, so spot progression between nickel and quarter isn't a requirement to me.

Your base color design looks pretty close to the 50 cent chip. Or is that chip the basic yellow? Hard to tell and the webpage doesn't list the exact colors.

I do realize most would not use a 5 cent and a 50 cent chip together, but I'm personally not digging the butterscotch. I'd like to see a livelier color like lavender, canary, retro lavender or a dayglow color. I'd stick with two edge spots. The cash set has four consecutive chips with 4 edge spots, so spot progression between nickel and quarter isn't a requirement to me.

I think a really bold color could be cool too.

1660850057219.png

Think that's TOO bold to go with the rest of the set? I threw in the blue spots just for an example.

The .50c chip actually has 3 spots instead of 2, but yeah, it's pretty close. I'm open to anything really. I'd like to keep the feel of the chip consistent with all the others I have - I'm afraid the dayglo's might be lighter weight? I'm just guessing there.

I'm glad a few of you guys are interested! I have zero experience making customs at this point so any pointers are helpful.

Watching with interest for now— I have my repurposed .50s and trying to keep this set as inexpensive as possible, but definitely tempting!

I think these are the colors of the factory Rounders stock set. I could be wrong.

A little over half the spots look like Dayglo to my eye. The normal spots being White, Black and Blue.

Rounders Stock Set Example

rounders_micro_set.png

I tried to narrow this down to the chips (in denom order) that I'd actually use.

After experimenting looking for lighter colors that weren't in the dayglo world, I think this Orange with Retro Blue spots looks okay. I liked the gray, but I could see me having to explain the difference between gray and "mostly white" $1 chips. Then I tried a light blue - same thing with telling a person to use the 'blue' chip for .25c... Light green just didn't work for me.

I'd open to any ideas. I also tried the narrower 18 spots instead of 14, but since none of the rest use that size, it looked odd when it was all together.

Thought about doing the 3 spots instead of 2 since I won't be putting my .50c chips in play for this. I know it's more spots, but at least it's another way it'd be different than any of the other chips I'd be using. Plus I sort of like the 3 spots in use on the .50c.

Thoughts?

View attachment 970161

Think that's TOO bold to go with the rest of the set? I threw in the blue spots just for an example.

The .50c chip actually has 3 spots instead of 2, but yeah, it's pretty close. I'm open to anything really. I'd like to keep the feel of the chip consistent with all the others I have - I'm afraid the dayglo's might be lighter weight? I'm just guessing there.

I'm glad a few of you guys are interested! I have zero experience making customs at this point so any pointers are helpful.
YES!!! I forgot about orange. I LOVE orange nickels and yes, that color goes with the set really well. Also yes that dayglow colors are a little lighter.

View attachment 970715

I tried to narrow this down to the chips (in denom order) that I'd actually use.

After experimenting looking for lighter colors that weren't in the dayglo world, I think this Orange with Retro Blue spots looks okay. I liked the gray, but I could see me having to explain the difference between gray and "mostly white" $1 chips. Then I tried a light blue - same thing with telling a person to use the 'blue' chip for .25c... Light green just didn't work for me.

I'd open to any ideas. I also tried the narrower 18 spots instead of 14, but since none of the rest use that size, it looked odd when it was all together.

Thought about doing the 3 spots instead of 2 since I won't be putting my .50c chips in play for this. I know it's more spots, but at least it's another way it'd be different than any of the other chips I'd be using. Plus I sort of like the 3 spots in use on the .50c.

Thoughts?
This is PERFECT as far as I'm concerned.

I like the retro blue spot to make it different from the base blue on the quarter. And dark colors look better with orange than light colors IMHO. I like the spot size and that there are two spots. I would not change a thing.

BUUUUUT... Since we are adding on to the set and creating a micro stakes lineup - What would anyone think about also adding a $20 chip for the top end? I much prefer using a $20 over a $25 as value chip in micro stakes games. Or is that now going too far away from the original concept? Plus might be hard to hit the 300 chip minimum order, as my micro stakes sets tend to only have a couple of barrels of $20s.

Reactions: BNM
What would anyone think about also adding a $20 chip for the top end?
Well, you people really want me to keep spending money, don’t you? :LOL: :laugh:

I’d have to consider a barrel or two of green $20s if it happens. I do have 15 or so extra black $20s (used) that I could sell if anyone is interested in the meantime.

I'm glad you like it like it is! I think it will be good just like it is too. It's been fun learning to play with the CPC (which I nearly type PCP) chip designer.

For me, I'm happy to just have a set that adds on the .05c. I've got so many other chips that I don't really need a $20 but I know a lot of people like to have one in their micro sets. I do have an idea for one after looking at black hot stamp chips today. Lets keep the $20 chip separate but I think it might be cool to do that one in dark gray.

Well, you people really want me to keep spending money, don’t you? :LOL: :laugh:

I’d have to consider a barrel or two of green $20s if it happens. I do have 15 or so extra black $20s (used) that I could sell if anyone is interested in the meantime.
You have a black $20 in this set? Is it the same chip as the hundred, just with a $20 inlay? Can we see a pic?

If so then does that mean David will sell any of the chips in the current lineup, but with a different inlay without imposing the 300 chip minimum? If so, then maybe there is no need to design a new $20 chip. My preference for a $20 is yellow, purple or black. I could see using any of the existing chips in those colors for a $20. The $500 would probably be my first choice since I would never need a $500 in my games. The 44mm $1000 would also be very cool as a top value $20 chip in a micro stakes set.

I have a full CPC color sample set, the chips colors in person are, IMHO, very different from the colors on most screens. I can do some some line up pics of the color chips in the photo box, and with out any filters. Can do some color comparisons if you would like.

You have a black $20 in this set? Is it the same chip as the hundred, just with a $20 inlay? Can we see a pic?

If so then does that mean David will sell any of the chips in the current lineup, but with a different inlay without imposing the 300 chip minimum? If so, then maybe there is no need to design a new $20 chip. My preference for a $20 is yellow, purple or black. I could see using any of the existing chips in those colors for a $20. The $500 would probably be my first choice since I would never need a $500 in my games. The 44mm $1000 would also be very cool as a top value $20 chip in a micro stakes set.
Yep, it’s the standard $100 colors. I’m not sure how it works exactly; I got mine used. My understanding is that it’s rather simple to request custom denominations on any of the standard chips, but I have no idea if that’s any cheaper than using a Rounders label on a new chip color, of if it’s still subject to the same minimums.

Attachments

• AE23AF8E-EF5B-4462-81DF-07611D466065.jpeg
    AE23AF8E-EF5B-4462-81DF-07611D466065.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 63
Hi Jester!

Sure I'd like to know more about the matching. I was a photographer for a while and get that the monitors are not always accurate to the real colors.

I'm curious to know if real life how that Orange looks - I'd rather it wasn't super bold, but still pretty bold. Think of a real orange in the produce aisle at the store vers

Also FWIW, I'll be in Pilot Point (north of you but not far away) the first week of October to help my Mom with various things. Just in case we get a chance to get together.

I'm also kind of curious about the Charcoal Gray in real life. How dark does it seem? Like I thought we could use that as a $20 if there was interest instead of black.

Here's a mockup that includes that color

rounders_micro_set_possible20.png

I have a set of unmarked CPC color chips like these also. Went through them all to try and identify which was which, but they are already mixed up again. I like the painters tape idea. Need to get some. All I have now is blue. On a couple colors that are pretty close, I'm still just guessing which is which. Can't figure out why the heck CPC would sell them like this and not stamp them.

I have a set of unmarked CPC color chips like these also. Went through them all to try and identify which was which, but they are already mixed up again. I like the painters tape idea. Need to get some. All I have now is blue. On a couple colors that are pretty close, I'm still just guessing which is which. Can't figure out why the heck CPC would sell them like this and not stamp them.
I can help you out with that.

I checked with David at COC and we can’t get in on this scroll mold run. It could be over a year before that mold is set to run again.

I am okay with using the CSQ mold for the nickels if the wait time is significantly better.

Would you still be interested if we did these with the circle square CSQ mold instead?

I will check with David to see what that looks like.

Thanks for the interest!

View attachment 970161

I love where you’re going here, although I may be biased…….
A50B0773-6916-419C-B5B1-972854796E61.jpeg
A042F9DC-EA02-4E79-9531-4065302A7FDE.jpeg
99BA477D-0B72-4AC4-BA2F-BB5AAEBF50A1.jpeg

It’s a really great option for a frac. I think you nailed this one. The orange is bold, but it’s got to be to hold its own against the other strong solid colors in this set.

Attachments

• 982E6560-4F0C-4D61-A7A2-A459E18D83CE.jpeg
    982E6560-4F0C-4D61-A7A2-A459E18D83CE.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 59
For sure interested in CSQ mold
I checked with David about the CSQ mold recently and he said 6 to 8 months out...

The minimum cost for us would be $730 for 300 custom nickels. Not bad when you do the math per chip.

I only need one rack of these and there'd be 2 more to be up for grabs.

I can't swing paying for it by myself.

@dulltoothedhound - how many chips would you like to have from this? It's in the neighborhood of $243/rack.

Anybody else who would be interested, let me know? I'll place the order and ship things to others who are interested at whatever the actual cost is.

It'll be toward the end of spring before we see these become a reality, but it's sure be fun to have some nickels.

Meantime I'll just keep using some old diamond mold cheap chips for this part.

Let me know.

Thanks!

I think I saw they now sell them hot-stamped with the color name

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom