Copyright/Trademark/Patent infringement (2 Viewers)

I own a couple of trademarks for my businesses. I’ve registered them for use in the UK only. I have the option of registration for overseas territories but as I have no intention of ever trading outside of the UK paying my lawyer to do so would be a waste of money (and I’m already paying him enough :LOL: :laugh:)

Anyway I pay my lawyer to register my trademarks and to protect them. Part of that is that they check the IPO for anyone trying to register similar trademarks. They also look out for other companies who are using or trying to pass off similar trademarks.

Copyright, Trademark and Registered trademarks are three different things. Registering trademarks is the safest way to protect your IP as the date of registration is held by the IPO and conclusively proves who owns the trademark.

In order to prove ownership of an unregistered trademark or a copyright the individual has to be able to provide evidence that the date it was first used predates the date that the other party contesting the ownership first used it.

Hope all that makes sense. All of the above is my layman’s knowledge gleaned from relentlessly badgering my IP lawyer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom