Considering Relocation from Ontario Canada to New Mexico for work, What should I know? (1 Viewer)

This is all good but I’m having trouble with the Mexican Food comment. The very best Mexican food is in Tucson/Phx…but NM grows the best chili! So NM is for real. Worst Mexican food in the states is easily California followed by Texas.
Lol, it’s just considered home cooking here, not a special ethnic thing you get at a restaurant.

Lol, it’s just considered home cooking here, not a special ethnic thing you get at a restaurant.
Hmmm so I could open a "Canadian Restaurant"
1646587531942.png

1646587626990.png

Specializing in
1646587605990.png

Another question, Part of this transfer will include selling my home as well as another home belonging to my mother. The plan would be to use these funds to buy 1 or two home down in New Mexico. I would be moving over $1 million over the border, what would be the most cost effective way to do that? I am assuming transferring from a Canadian bank to US bank would likely be the most expensive was directly? I know crypto exists but given that is my entire families wealth I cannot risk a shift in value so am cautious of that idea. What you you guys recommend?

Born and raised New Mexican here, NMSU grad (go Aggies!) Been in Boston the past 20+ years with a seven month stint in ABQ about a decade ago. Go back every couple of years to visit family and friends.

First question: which hospital? Albuquerque has dismal public transportation. Plan accordingly. My commute in ABQ was as bad as in BOS in terms of traffic. You will need a car in NM. Or two.

Horses: of course. Horse properties are in the city (NE and SW) plus both south of the city and to the NW in Corrales. You'll have no problem finding horse properties. If you can afford Corrales that is where it is at for close to the city + horses.

Education: Albuquerque Academy is well regarded.

Culture: I work with a bunch of folks from Ontario and find their attitude similar to New Mexicans. You'll fit right in. Trust me. Bonus points you're not Texan or Californian.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions and I might be able to help, but you got this methinks. Worst case scenario you get a couple cool stories out of it and learn the concept of mañana.

Born and raised New Mexican here, NMSU grad (go Aggies!) Been in Boston the past 20+ years with a seven month stint in ABQ about a decade ago. Go back every couple of years to visit family and friends.

First question: which hospital? Albuquerque has dismal public transportation. Plan accordingly. My commute in ABQ was as bad as in BOS in terms of traffic. You will need a car in NM. Or two.

Horses: of course. Horse properties are in the city (NE and SW) plus both south of the city and to the NW in Corrales. You'll have no problem finding horse properties. If you can afford Corrales that is where it is at for close to the city + horses.

Education: Albuquerque Academy is well regarded.

Culture: I work with a bunch of folks from Ontario and find their attitude similar to New Mexicans. You'll fit right in. Trust me. Bonus points you're not Texan or Californian.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions and I might be able to help, but you got this methinks. Worst case scenario you get a couple cool stories out of it and learn the concept of mañana.
Would be at a Rio Rancho Emergency department, There really are some interesting properties down there. I have a couple of favorites but really can't do much until I have my own home on the market and sold. Then it will be an exciting move. The only sad part is I have to sell off my Russian and Chinese military surplus collection, on the plus side I will be able to buy an AK which would otherwise be unobtainable in Canada.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom