Cash Game Comments on New Mixed Game Format (1 Viewer)

Alex Lundstrum

Two Pair
Reaction score
So I was reading the rules of Binglao poker <link> and it sparked a thought for a new mixed game format that more heavily favors more common games, but mixes in a few of the more exotic. What is everybody's thoughts on the following:
Every round, a new player rolls 2 six-sided dice, and the game played for the round will be:
2​
Courchevel (PL)
3​
Tahoe (Lazy Pineapple, NL)
4​
5-O (PL)
5​
Pineapple (NL)
6​
PLO
7​
NLHE
8​
PLO 8/B
9​
Crazy Pineapple (NL)
10​
Big O (PL)
11​
Super Holdem (NL)
12​
Courchevel 8/B (PL)
This statistically results in 2/3 of the game being played as #s 5-9, which tend to be the more common community card games, but mixes in 1/3 of the more "exotic" games. It also should statistically be a 50/50 split between Hold'em-based and Omaha-based games. Initial thoughts are that Hold'em-based would all be played NL while Omaha-based would all be played PL. Could also see playing this as all Fixed Limit.

I'd imagine playing this as a 6-max table, but being that the Omahas only go up to 5-card variants, up to 8 can play. Also thinking there could be an interesting twist of adding a bug (Joker) if the same game is rolled twice, but not sure if I'm in love with that addition yet.

Haven't come up with a name either, so I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the 6+ card variations for Omaha, as they promote very tight nut-peddling play in PLO , and significantly lower the chances of scooping in O8. I don't see either as improvements to either game.

Regarding your proposed 'random' game rotation, I see no value-add over a fixed rotation of various games, or simply allowing dealer choice to introduce the random aspect.

KISS is almost always better, and true for both tournament and cash play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom