Coming Soon!!! (4 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me ( if I may give my point of view ) the purple color is less attractive than the other colors of the set.( from what I have seen on pictures... )
That is one of the reasons why I changed it for the orange color ( 500$ chip ) and because in real poker game here with friends, we are used to play the 500 chip in orange : it is the pumpkin attack ;-) and it must remain like this when we bet ^^
canstock2314921.jpg

Last edited:
I'm leaving it in Josh's hands to do what he can to make everything right per the original design parameters (colors, cross-hatching, edge bevel). Working with the Chinese factory can be.... challenging. And it takes a lot of time and patience.

I'm leaving it in Josh's hands to do what he can to make everything right per the original design parameters (colors, cross-hatching, edge bevel). Working with the Chinese factory can be.... challenging. And it takes a lot of time and patience.

I completely agree and just offered a suggestion. The only reason I said anything about the blue was because there appears to be some white swirling in there to lighten the color. I'm going to be happy with anything as it's better than what I have now and can't afford to have CPC made (yet). Still super pumped on these, regardless of edge and cross-hatching. Thanks again Josh!

BG maybe you can answer this as I think you have the most knowledge in the Chinese mfg. I looked at my other samples I've purchased in the past and the sharpest edge seem to be Next-Gen's. Is this a different process? I think the answer is yes but just looking for your input, probably should have just PM'd you about it.

NexGen chips (both the original 12g slugged and the 10g NexGen Pro) are totally different material (plastic) than china clays, which have earthen materials added to the mix to create a more 'clay-like' feel and sound.

There is a good chance the purple will stay the color it is. It will be the same color purple $500 from the CPS set which I like. Hopefully I will have samples in hand soon to see if additional changes are needed. I understand the edges are a big deal and will try to get them sharper if needed. Working with China is difficult so all attempts will be made to get these right.
cpscash.jpg

There is a good chance the purple will stay the color it is. It will be the same color purple $500 from the CPS set which I like. Hopefully I will have samples in hand soon to see if additional changes are needed. I understand the edges are a big deal and will try to get them sharper if needed. Working with China is difficult so all attempts will be made to get these right. View attachment 13160

That's helpful to know. The CPS purple is a nice color, IMO. It responds well to cleaning the dust off and a little bit of oil. That could be enough to address a lot of the issues from the sample picture.

I'd almost like to see the purple v and base flipped.

Maybe flip the blues as well? Might just be the photo.

Couldn't agree with these sentiments more. The purple and blue, with the closely matched edgespot hues, came out looking a little, well, "blaah".

Now wishing they had a black, CPS gray, or some more contrast-y color Vspot. Maybe flipping will help... Or maybe it's just the photo.

PS: the rest of the chips look SiiiiiiiCK!

Last edited:
Just saw Apache's post above... So, ignore my comments RE: flipping colors. ^^^^^

I'm sure they'll be fine.

I'll shut up now. :)

I just got the samples in today. In person the colors are amazing. I had no idea China could make such a vibrant yellow. The chips do have a lot of cross hatching and the edges are similar to the CPS & Milano. I talked to the factory who will update the mold and make them sharper with less cross hatching. They will send new samples when ready. I will be out of town for a few days and will put pictures up when I return.
The purple chip will stay the same color. The pictures the factory sent were bad. The purple is the same purple as the CPS set and looks really nice.

I just got the samples in today. In person the colors are amazing. I had no idea China could make such a vibrant yellow. The chips do have a lot of cross hatching and the edges are similar to the CPS & Milano. I talked to the factory who will update the mold and make them sharper with less cross hatching. They will send new samples when ready. I will be out of town for a few days and will put pictures up when I return.
The purple chip will stay the same color. The pictures the factory sent were bad. The purple is the same purple as the CPS set and looks really nice.

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that things are progressing well.

Safe travels!

Thx for the update ;-) Cool for the yellow I have pre ordered 150 of them ;-)
Maybe a small video as well in addition to the pictures ?

152429signature.jpg

Thanks for the update, Josh. Looking forward to seeing your pics upon return.

Seems perfect.

I am still happy with the colors and values I choose ;-) Do you have any more precise idea when you launch the production to receive them ?

25$ normal green
100$ normal black
500$ orange
1000$ normal yellow
5000$ white

Thanks for the update

Sorry for my english for next question :

ps: How is the chip without label ? is there a change ? is it now a white empty circle ? Or a black empty circle ? or the same empty color circle as the chip ?
How is the auto adhesive label ( design ) when we have to put it on the chip ? ( granular black with silver text ? )

When I look the pictures you posted, seems to me we have the chips with a black empty circle in the middle ( same structure than the outline of the chip on the picture = granular )

ot is it still like on this picture ( the one just below ) and you made granular labels ( black with silver text ) ?
738071JetonsMajesticBlank.jpg

So maybe then the label is only transparent with the silver text on it to put on the black circle on the chip ?

Thx

152429signature.jpg

Last edited:
Seems perfect.

I am still happy with the colors and values I choose ;-) Do you have any more precise idea when you launch the production to receive them ?

25$ normal green
100$ normal black
500$ orange
1000$ normal yellow
5000$ white

Thanks for the update

Sorry for my english for next question :

ps: How is the chip without label ? A white empty circle ? Or black empty circle ? How is the label designed when we have to put it on the chip ?

When I look the pictures, seems to me we have the chips with a black empty circle ( same structure than the outline of the chip on the picture = granular )

ot is it like on this picture and you made granular labels ( black with silver text ) ?
738071JetonsMajesticBlank.jpg

So maybe then the label is only transparent with the silver text on it to put on the black circle on the chip ?

Thx

152429signature.jpg

Josh will have to chime in on dates, but even then the Chinese factories don't have a reputation for promptness. Patience is important here.

As far as the label is concerned, no part of it will be transparent. The black region is printed on the label. Blank chips will look like the five in your post, with a recessed area the in the base color of the chip where you will apply a label. The labels stock is textured (is this what you meant by granualar?). I believe the silver is actually the base material of the label, and the black is applied with ink/toner/pigment of some kind. This is mostly based on the CPS chips (which I think use the same vendor). Apologies if I've made any mistakes here.

I'm glad the colors look good.

Personally, I'm OK with the edge bevel and texture as is, but I really, really want the mold imprints to be deeper. Can hardly make out the crowns on some of these. When they wear, they'll become no-mold. I hope that's something they can improve.

Can hardly make out the crowns on some of these. When they wear, they'll become no-mold. I hope that's something they can improve.

Sounds like Josh is trying to get the factory to reduce the cross hatching on the next set of samples. I would guess that, with less depth in the cross hatching, the crowns will be more pronounced.

We'll have to wait and see.

Sounds like Josh is trying to get the factory to reduce the cross hatching on the next set of samples. I would guess that, with less depth in the cross hatching, the crowns will be more pronounced.

We'll have to wait and see.

They should sink the crowns into the chip. Seems like on the CPS chips they used the cross hatching to make the design.

I'm glad the colors look good.

Personally, I'm OK with the edge bevel and texture as is, but I really, really want the mold imprints to be deeper. Can hardly make out the crowns on some of these. When they wear, they'll become no-mold. I hope that's something they can improve.

They should sink the crowns into the chip. Seems like on the CPS chips they used the cross hatching to make the design.

Agreed. I think a less aggressive crosshatch and a deeper recess for the crowns is needed.

What is the deal with that cross hatching. I really like the colors and design of these chips, but that cross hatching is a deal breaker! I know Josh is working to have it reduced, but dang!

I've checked out CPS chips and actually don't mind the crosshatching; I'd rather have it shallower/more subtle, but I'm really OK with it as-is... as long as the crown mold itself is deeper than the base of the crosshatch.

After using the CPS chips for the last few months now, I am definitely starting to appreciate the complaints about the crosshatching. It's just, how can I put it, "a bit much." I understand the style/look that was trying to be achieved with the crosshatch, I just think the depth on the CPS chips is a little overkill.

As I stated previously (in the CT thread), I think the Dunes chips (cc's, not plastics) are the best china clays I ever handled. However, the "Dunes" text really made it impossible to use them as blanks for custom labels. Same goes for the Pharoah's and Desert Palms.

If the crosshatching is reduced, the crown is more pronounced, and the edges are squared, I can see these becoming one of the best all 'round china clay chips (for both the Majestic theme and custom labelers).

Fingers crossed.

+1 for hoping the mold is pressed deeper into the chip. The crosshatching idea seemed good, but it's not like the very fine crosshatching you see on bcc or Paulson chips. It seems to coarse. Will wait for the final samples to show up before making a purchase decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom