SOLD Colossal ESPT Set - 2,480 chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why the shipping info.

If I'm spending 22k on chips, you can sure as hell bet I'm spending the money to travel out to NY to pick them up in person. I simply wouldn't trust the USPS with these beauties!
I would say FedEx, but a flight is probably comparable with Fedexing 2k chips.

Absolutely for the love of God, do not trust USPS with this package. UPS has been nothing short of wonderful for me in the past and the only people I would trust with this. FEDEX has a habit of leaving expensive packages at my mall box 1/8 of a mile away from my house. But I agree with @Poker Zombie I think this is road trip worthy if the buyer is withing 12 hours. Hope everything works out @kk405 I'm sure it will hurt to see them go! Trust the Brown Truck on this one though!!

Fellow chipper Ben

Last edited:
Absolutely for the love of God, do not trust USPS with this package. UPS has been nothing short of wonderful for me in the past and the only people I would trust with this. FEDEX has a habit of leaving expensive packages at my mall box 1/8 of a mole away from my house. But I agree with @Poker Zombie I think this is road trip worthy if the buyer is withing 12 hours. Hope everything works out @kk405 I'm sure it will hurt to see them go! Trust the Brown Truck on this one though!!

Fellow chipper Ben
I agree, besides personal pick-up...UPS would be the only one I would trust with a shipment like this.

Absolutely for the love of God, do not trust USPS with this package. UPS has been nothing short of wonderful for me in the past and the only people I would trust with this. FEDEX has a habit of leaving expensive packages at my mall box 1/8 of a mole away from my house. But I agree with @Poker Zombie I think this is road trip worthy if the buyer is withing 12 hours. Hope everything works out @kk405 I'm sure it will hurt to see them go! Trust the Brown Truck on this one though!!

Fellow chipper Ben

I agree, besides personal pick-up...UPS would be the only one I would trust with a shipment like this.
I hate to burst your bubble, but I recently had 115 chips go missing with UPS shipping. ):

Fellow chipper Ben

You guys have vastly different experiences with UPS than me. I wouldn’t trust UPS to deliver my garbage from the house to the curb.

You guys have vastly different experiences with UPS than me. I wouldn’t trust UPS to deliver my garbage from the house to the curb.

Same here. USPS was always associated with loss due to incompetence or bad systems where UPS was known for straight theft. FedEx was known for getting things delivered hell or high water. They were also known to overlook the contents of your packages ;)

Edit: I will say that I have always been friendly with my mail people, but my UPS guy who just retired was my favorite by far. Such an awesome dude. Hope he is out there right now enjoying some fishing.

Last edited:
USPS has registered mail. I think value goes up to $50,000. Each person has to sign off on the package as it gets handed around. I've only used it once or twice, and I think it is more for lighter high value items like jewelry or precious metals, but I'm sure it could be used to mail $25k worth of poker chips securely.

Lol!!!!

UPS getting all this hype makes me laugh.

Pick up only. UPS already lost a Versa case for me. They could not handle a simple delivery of a case from Van Nuys to Orange County.

I'd not trust any shipping agent with this.

Rich people find ways to ship million dollar artwork. I'm sure there are ways to ship five figures worth of poker chips securely. I'm just not that familiar with any of them. Conceivably, you could pack these in chip boxes, in a cardboard box, in straw and peanuts, in a shipping crate that was nailed shut and required a crowbar to open, and strap it and wrap it to a pallet. I'm sure there are people who would do that. I wouldn't have the first clue where to find them.

USPS has registered mail. I think value goes up to $50,000. Each person has to sign off on the package as it gets handed around. I've only used it once or twice, and I think it is more for lighter high value items like jewelry or precious metals, but I'm sure it could be used to mail $25k worth of poker chips securely.
I did registered with a $8k package I sent. Trust me that it will get there. If someone drops the ball on it, they are FIRED.

Hi,
if buyer wants to resell a few once he gets the whole thing, I'd be in for a barrel of T5.
GL all.

Rich people find ways to ship million dollar artwork. I'm sure there are ways to ship five figures worth of poker chips securely. I'm just not that familiar with any of them. Conceivably, you could pack these in chip boxes, in a cardboard box, in straw and peanuts, in a shipping crate that was nailed shut and required a crowbar to open, and strap it and wrap it to a pallet. I'm sure there are people who would do that. I wouldn't have the first clue where to find them.
Items on that level use private couriers (similar to the one @JoeyMack mentioned). When you move hundreds of packages a year as opposed to millions, things don't tend to get lost, stolen or damaged.

Registered mail may be safe, but I simply couldn't trust MFRB - and I am usually a defender of our USPS system.

Lol!!!!

UPS getting all this hype makes me laugh.

Pick up only. UPS already lost a Versa case for me. They could not handle a simple delivery of a case from Van Nuys to Orange County.

Nav, I’m with you. It’s funny how we all have different experiences with these. I trust FedEx more than any of them, by far. But I had one lost package with them in the past too.

With my job, I’ve been to the sorting sites of all three. Hands down, FedEx was the most efficient. Not even a comparison. It was like a well oiled machine compared to the others.

But as someone else mentioned, my UPS driver is also an awesome guy. We always shoot the breeze for a while when he’s in the ‘hood. Good dude.

Last edited:
Registered mail is the last vestige of the original mail carrier. Your packages are transported in locked areas, individually signed off on by real people, but the cons are: slow, because of all the checks and balances, and no in-route scanning. There’s only an in-scan and then a “delivered” scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom