SOLD Colossal ESPT Set - 2,480 chips (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Registered mail is the last vestige of the original mail carrier. Your packages are transported in locked areas, individually signed off on by real people, but the cons are: slow, because of all the checks and balances, and no in-route scanning. There’s only an in-scan and then a “delivered” scan.
That actually answers a question I had very recently after sending out a bunch of chips via registered mail. Normally I can track packages every step along the way, but not this time. Now I know why.

The More You Know GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

UPS lost a $2400 package and I fought with them for about 6 months and they only paid out $1000 on my claim. FUCK UPS
I'm with @Sprouty I've been here on PCF for almost a year now. Never had any high value stuff shipped, but have sent and received over 50 packages. Only two screw-ups so far, and both were UPS.

I agree that whoever is getting the highest number of chips should probably do local pickup if possible. Sorry if you've already resolved this after the post I quoted, but just getting in my two cents that UPS is no better than the others.

Question and not sure if anyone knows the answer but when we’re these chips available to buy to the public first and how much was it compared to this price?
These were one of the group buys, so not strictly available to the public in the wider sense. For the sake of this thread being derailed, search NAGB and Boat Chips here in PCF.

Question and not sure if anyone knows the answer but when we’re these chips available to buy to the public first and how much was it compared to this price?
giphy-16.gif

Meanwhile, poor @kk405 seeing his sale thread bumped every 2 seconds with something completely irrelevant... :unsure:

View attachment 679753

I was chastised by a mod last night for making a fact-based reply in MY OWN thread to someone who was thread-crapping, hence decided to go back to Zen-mode ... will be back later to respond to a few people and close the thread ...

Where can one buy private insurance for registered mail?
Tnx...
This insurance is great:
https://www.shipandinsure.com/getting_started.aspx

You do have to join this collectors group first:
https://www.nacacollectors.com/memberApplication.asp

It's a little catered to coins but you can insure other collectibles as well. You can insure mail from many carriers, not just USPS registered. There's just different limits depending on how you are mailing things. If you ship somewhat valuable items frequently, it's way way cheaper than USPS and all the reviews I've read about it on other message boards says they are great at paying claims.

Pitty I had to fire my gardener last night (my garden is minuscule; I just kept him for show-off).
Very nice chap, also serving our own servant. He owns a private jet too (only conceivable method of shipping for that kind of chips and money).
His compensation cost exactly what this set would have cost.
First World problems.:D

Pitty I had to fire my gardener last night (my garden is minuscule; I just kept him for show-off).
Very nice chap, also serving our own servant. He owns a private jet too (only conceivable method of shipping for that kind of chips and money).
His compensation cost exactly what this set would have cost.
First World problems.:D

I see your gardener and I raise you two housekeepers and a driver. All three will carry the set for me, from point a to point b. Your move.

Don't know why the shipping info.

If I'm spending 22k on chips, you can sure as hell bet I'm spending the money to travel out to NY to pick them up in person. I simply wouldn't trust the USPS with these beauties!
Not to mention, if they were shipped it would just be that much longer before you could get them in your hands!

I recognize everyone has had good/bad experiences with various shipping methods. I for one has never had a problem with a single shipment, on either direction, with USPS. I have had dozens of transactions over the last 5 years, 15 or so in the $10K-$25K range and none have gone missing or even been delayed. I know this may be unique, and at some point a package will get lost, but this could simply be luck or location. Regardless, I am sending the package via a non-USPS method, as requested by the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom