Clearance sale at Poker N Stuff... (1 Viewer)

Mental Nomad

Full House
Reaction score
I was browsing around and bumped into a closeout sale at Poker 'n Stuff... they're doing a warehouse liquidation and offering 40% off on everything.

Not a site for high-end chips, but you may find some odds and ends.

Anybody have experience or a guess on their ssc quality? I've been happy with the brybelly Chinese stuff on amazon, but I've read about cheaper cloth with distorted suits shapes. Not sure which this is.

Based on their regular prices, I'm guessing they sell the better quality stuff... They are normally good on pricing.

I'll let you know for sure when my cloth arrives!

Based on their regular prices, I'm guessing they sell the better quality stuff... They are normally good on pricing.

I'll let you know for sure when my cloth arrives!

Yeah, do that if you could. With shipping, it gets me back up to $35, which is about the same as the brybelly cloth I've bought from amazon and been happy with. I could get a case or something at the same time and make a deal of it, but I'd have to be happy with the cloth.

Nice...anyone who wants a cheap travel set or just a nice gift for that host who still wants to use dice chips should jump on those Poker Knights or Showdown chips...$48 for a set of 500!

Copag cards, bridge size jumbo index. Thanks!

Nice...anyone who wants a cheap travel set or just a nice gift for that host who still wants to use dice chips should jump on those Poker Knights or Showdown chips...$48 for a set of 500!

Where is links_slayer? He was looking for something to keep in the car.... and at 10c each, either of those would be a pretty good (and cheap) choice.

I think I've convinced myself to grab a set for the car.

"*Design and mold of the poker chip is Copyrighted by Poker N Stuff"...Is this true? I thought Apache designed these with the Poker Knights being the first design on this mold? Are these knock-offs?

Where is links_slayer? He was looking for something to keep in the car.... and at 10c each, either of those would be a pretty good (and cheap) choice.

On it - will check these out when I get home (fckn web filters at work).

I picked up a bunch of Monaco Club - different inlay, but on same spade and sword mold as Poker Knights. I like the classy inlay text, and am going to pick up some plaques to go with.

"*Design and mold of the poker chip is Copyrighted by Poker N Stuff"...Is this true? I thought Apache designed these with the Poker Knights being the first design on this mold? Are these knock-offs?

Nope, real deal. Josh @ apache just sells them.

Shipping cost seems to offset the coupon, IMO. Have I been gone that long that it costs $36 to send 1000 chips (no case, no dice), just chips? Honestly, I haven't mailed a package in a long time.

You're right. They do have high shipping costs. The sale still saves you prob. around $30 though after shipping. IIRC adding the case to the set didn't add much to the shipping cost?

I was able to get SSC, rail skin, rail padding and table padding to finaly build a table and two setups of copags for $124 Shipped....granted I live up the street from them.....SALE is ONLINE only unfortunately....

BTW yat was 178 with shipping for a table kit and no cards...

Got my shipment o' stuff.

1. Receiving cheap chips isn't as cool as receiving good chips, but it's still good fun.
2. I was pleasantly surprised at the chips. They're worth the ten cents each.
3. I was surprised at just how shoddy cheap cases can be. Some nice touches on the outside made me hopeful, but terrible inserts and sloppy lining...
4. I realized I have no good way to judge the speed cloth. I've never worked with the material; I just have pre-made speed cloth inserts for my BBO table!

Pour a tablespoon of water on the ssc. If it stays on the surface it's Teflon-coated made in USA, if it soaks thru it's made in China and, well, not.

Last edited:
3. I was surprised at just how shoddy cheap cases can be. Some nice touches on the outside made me hopeful, but terrible inserts and sloppy lining...
4. I realized I have no good way to judge the speed cloth. I've never worked with the material; I just have pre-made speed cloth inserts for my BBO table!

Just ordered speed cloth from brybelly directly today. Hopefully it's as nice as the stuff I've used before. I'm feeling a little better about not getting a cheap aluminum case too.

Pour a tablespoon of water on the ssc. If it stays on the surface it's Teflon-coated made in USA, if it soaks thru it's made in China and, well, not.

I ran the test over the sink, and had to cup it to get the water to stay put - it ran like water off a duck's back. And it does not soak through. I don't know if they used PTFE (Teflon) or something else, but it's very water-repellent.

That being said, the wrapper very clearly has a sticker that says, "Made in China." It appears to be a hybrid made in China, yet good quality. (It does happen, sometimes, that you get what you pay for.)

Just did the water test on a scrap of brybelly 100% polyester two tone blue made in China ssc. It beads up like mercury and makes no claim on a Teflon coating.

Maybe we've been hoodwinked. Wish Mythbusters would delve into this.

Maybe we've been hoodwinked. Wish Mythbusters would delve into this.

My understanding is that some of the cheaper made-in-china cloth is thinner and wears more quickly (and others don't have Teflon coating). Doesn't surprise me that there is more than one type of ssc being made in China. Still a problem, not knowing for sure what you're gonna get....even subsequent shipments from the same seller are no guarantee you'll get the same product. I'll stick with YAT.

Most of the resellers are just re-shipping or drop shipping from trademark or brybelly, as far as I can tell. The part numbers are a good clue as to which you should be getting, but not for pokernstuff. I don't know if anybody has experience with the trademark cloth, but the brybelly two tone blue was good enough to me to order two tone red for the second table. They have two other lines of cloth that are clearly distinguished on their site but can be confusing when listed by resellers. The bad stories about chinese cloth that's not waterproof or has distorted suit shapes really makes me cautious about the trademark cloth or anything that might be that cloth. I'd stay away from the brybelly GCLO-2## line of cotton cloth too. The GCLO-4## is the two tone and the GCLO-1## is supposed to be 100% polyester.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom