Tourney Chop Oops (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Played a couple tourneys this weekend. One 2-table I got 3rd place woot! And another 5 table tourney, I shipped. Well, it was a 4-way chop, but having the chip lead, I was given more money and 1st place.. Here’s the oops:

I had a commanding lead, so I thought. And so the table thought. I had 450k in chips. The others appeared to have around 200k each. One other player suggests a chop. I immediately mention that I’d need $400 (normal 1st place was supposed to be $480), due to my chip lead. Which would give all other players $320 each. Table works out the details on their split and agree to give me $400. Money is divided up, other players go home. I help host pick up chips, and I realize one of the players (who just won a few big hands), had over 400k in chips. Oops. We were fairly close to even on chip counts, so he prob should have gotten more ICM consideration.

Thankfully, I stayed out of the other players’ chop negotiations. So I don’t feel too bad. At that moment, $400 was my number, given what I thought of the current stack sizes and table dynamics.

…pic from the two-table game…. Got the Milano’s in play.

IMG_8721.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom