Chips Missing from Market (1 Viewer)

No yellow. It was a medium red, 4D14, dark red and lighter red spots. Something like this. View attachment 340329
You mean this one?

Screenshot_20190918-170633_Chrome.jpg

I’d like to see more chips with the unbalanced spots like our beloved spotted birds.

100% this. Spotted birds is my favorite spot pattern.

I’d love to see a tourney set start with a green chip with this spot pattern. Then a black/charcoal with the Venetian $2 pattern that doubles the spot. Then a 500 with a triple of that spot pattern. Then the 1k, 5k and 25k can use some similar progression with a different spot pattern.

This is something interesting that I have never heard before. Do you know why? The jerry nugget was a 4v418 THC white chip...
Presumed to be the difficulty of white base and V spots and/or dark spots working together (mostly differing liquidity temps) that generates unacceptably high reject rates (split/squeezed and/or unbonded spots, etc.).

There is a known similar compatibility issue with other manufacturers as well, as evidenced by previously-produced chips and/or currently restricted or appropriately higher-priced offerrings.

They appear to allow reorders of grandfathered exceptions, since those combos were reserved specifically for those customers during previous ownership (can't say if those are produced at a premium rate or not).

But they did refuse on two originally submitted white boat chips -- a 4V418 ES $1 (changed to 818 with lighter spot colors), and an 8V ES T500 (changed base color from white to hawaii flower, prompting a change to the T5000 hf spot color to dg as well).

Presumed to be the difficulty of white base and V spots and/or dark spots working together (mostly differing liquidity temps) that generates unacceptably high reject rates (split/squeezed and/or unbonded spots, etc.).

There is a known similar compatibility issue with other manufacturers as well, as evidenced by previously-produced chips and/or currently restricted or appropriately higher-priced offerrings.

They appear to allow reorders of grandfathered exceptions, since those combos were reserved specifically for those customers during previous ownership (can't say if those are produced at a premium rate or not).

But they did refuse on two originally submitted white boat chips -- a 4V418 ES $1 (changed to 818 with lighter spot colors), and an 8V ES T500 (changed base color from white to hawaii flower, prompting a change to the T5000 hf spot color to dg as well).

Thanks for the detailed response, I find stuff like this super interesting and it never even crossed my mind. I knew that they would reject chips to close to chips that already exist, but I didn't know there were issues with certain spots working in different colors. :tdown: wanna consult on a group buy?

Damn, I'd totally forgotten about the white 8v thing, Dave now i remember you mentioned it a while ago.

Basically then my dream Cali hundo with met gold and blue spots is never getting made.
Screenshot_20190919_080954.jpg

White, off-white, almond, gray -- all deemed a no-go. A light purple (like hawaii flower) is okay. And those dark blue spots aren't allowed on white base chips regardless of shape.

White, off-white, almond, gray -- all deemed a no-go. A light purple (like hawaii flower) is okay. And those dark blue spots aren't allowed on white base chips regardless of shape.
Admit it would be a sweet chip though

Wtf. What other combos are no go's?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom