Chipping and Wives (1 Viewer)

Jonzee

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
So,
Since joining I have acquired a few sets, and also sold a few sets plus some odds and ends in between. But I’m running out of excuses with the old lady lol!

My wife despises the time I devote to monitoring the classifieds and reading various threads.

Some of the excuses/ rationalization to her for my chipping include:

1) I need different chips/ denominations for different games.
2) the guys and gals get bored of the same chips every game.
3) The chips are appreciating in value and I’ll resell them soon.
4) I’m buying the chips as a gift and trying get the breakdown right.

As I run out of excuses I’d love to hear some new ones if any of you have them!?!?!?

Jokes aside chipping is not a serious marriage problem for me, all in good fun haha!

Let’s hear those excuses!

7B96CB27-923C-422C-A0DF-2D8118E648A2.jpeg

My wife has been complaining that I spend too much time chipping, and have been neglecting my responsibilities around the house. There’s always some painting to be done, a door that needs to be adjusted, shelves to be installed. Plus, she’d like me to finish a room on the basement for her crafts and stuff. I just don’t have time to keep chipping, and take care of the stuff at home.

So I’ll be listing most of my stuff for sale soon. Nothing too exciting, but nice stuff anyway.

Pay attention in the near future if you’re interested in any of the following:
  • Dewalt cordless tools
  • Compound miter saw
  • Table saw
  • Drywall and painting tools
  • Various hand tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, etc.

"Sorry Babe, my OCD couldn't take it! Remember I showed you I had those partial racks that I wanted to fill out... well I had to buy more than I need to achieve that goal, happy with those but now I'm short on the next denom and it is leaving a hole in the set, other wise it can cover two tables incase the game grows! Don't want to have to turn people away just because we don't have the chips to cover the game!"

"Besides at least these values go up, how much of that Fenton glass crap do we need? It sits on a shelf and not used for anything and the values go up maybe $2 every 5 years! And what about your moms cast iron skillets filling that drawer that we never use! Griswold who really ever heard of that shit! Sell it!! Let's make quality "investments" in poker chips!"

"Besides I already got you that vacuum you wanted for Christmas, what else do we really need right now? Chip values keep going up, and supply is drying up around the world, if we don'tget them now, it is likely we will never have the opportunity again"

But. My amazing woman loves chips! Maybe back to the drawing board on overall life goals should be considered. If you are passionate about they hobby your tactics shouldn't be in question. That is until you are in the Bill money to pay for chips... that's only happened to me about 30 times in the last 32 months since finding this forum!

Lmao

Chips go to my office mailbox, paid with a dedicated PP-account

She still thinks I have 1 small set....

Not that she would mind but speaking is silver silence is golden if we are talking about 420 & chips.
My biggest fear was all my sets end up being sold for a few euro's.

So, I informed a few of my friends to warn my wife that I have about 30-50K in chips and one of them will contact some of the designated members tot sell them here.

There’s an old joke among guitar players:

My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.

I don’t believe I’ve seen that applied to chipping, but it sure could be.

So,
Since joining I have acquired a few sets, and also sold a few sets plus some odds and ends in between. But I’m running out of excuses with the old lady lol!

My wife despises the time I devote to monitoring the classifieds and reading various threads.

Some of the excuses/ rationalization to her for my chipping include:

1) I need different chips/ denominations for different games.
2) the guys and gals get bored of the same chips every game.
3) The chips are appreciating in value and I’ll resell them soon.
4) I’m buying the chips as a gift and trying get the breakdown right.

As I run out of excuses I’d love to hear some new ones if any of you have them!?!?!?

Jokes aside chipping is not a serious marriage problem for me, all in good fun haha!

Let’s hear those excuses!
Chipping life, chipping wife :ninja:
I can’t stand the Lifetime and Hallmark channels on the tv but I sit through that shit when it’s on after a long days work.
Bahumbug lol the Hallmark channel is so cheery and full of holiday joy right now!
"Sorry Babe, my OCD couldn't take it! Remember I showed you I had those partial racks that I wanted to fill out... well I had to buy more than I need to achieve that goal, happy with those but now I'm short on the next denom and it is leaving a hole in the set, other wise it can cover two tables incase the game grows! Don't want to have to turn people away just because we don't have the chips to cover the game!"

"Besides at least these values go up, how much of that Fenton glass crap do we need? It sits on a shelf and not used for anything and the values go up maybe $2 every 5 years! And what about your moms cast iron skillets filling that drawer that we never use! Griswold who really ever heard of that shit! Sell it!! Let's make quality "investments" in poker chips!"

"Besides I already got you that vacuum you wanted for Christmas, what else do we really need right now? Chip values keep going up, and supply is drying up around the world, if we don'tget them now, it is likely we will never have the opportunity again"

But. My amazing woman loves chips! Maybe back to the drawing board on overall life goals should be considered. If you are passionate about they hobby your tactics shouldn't be in question. That is until you are in the Bill money to pay for chips... that's only happened to me about 30 times in the last 32 months since finding this forum!

Lmao
Lol..... we both buy too many chips... the nice thing is we can encourage and help each other to buy or complete projects. But we can also encourage each other that we don't need another set! Haha
Doesn't always work though.... think we ended up with 3 new sets this month.... lol

Explain how certain sets appreciate in value. Told her how I bought Paulson Classics back in 2005 for $1/chip and sold them for $3/chip. Then explained how other chips are more valuable etc, etc, etc.

Then showed her the CPC design tool and she surprises me and says "cool, lets use the money you made on the other chips and made a cool custom set of our own"....... my jaw hit the floor.

It helps that she is one of the regular players in our game. :)

"well, I don't NEED sets with 1800 chips, but to get the 600 chip set I want I have to buy chips when they come up for sale and sometimes that is only as part of a much bigger set than I need."

"No, I can't just get these at Walmart. These are different."

The last big chip package I brought in my wife looked at me with ‘that look’ and I said: “do you want me to detail for you the exact buying, selling, and trading that lead to this one?” And she said… God no, okay yeah that sounds horrible, you’re good.
Lol

Lmao
don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen @FordPickup92 PCA collection... you might be the wife ;)

Last time I did a batch sale, my wife immediately asked "What did you buy and when is it coming?"

Separately, my 7 year old son knew my CPC order was coming for nearly 6 months and didn't say a word. If any of you need help burying a dead body, I know your man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom