Chip Spots and Mold (1 Viewer)

Love the spots...nice job! As for the mold, FDL is better thematically; I like the look of the CSQ much better, personally.

Fleur de Lys Alternate.png

Ok Here are some new Edge spots based on the idea that there may be too much Red White and Blue. I still think that I personally prefer the original version but I changed the dollar to a "Stanley Cup chip" and the 25 gets Maroon edge spots since Montreal once had two NHL teams the Canadiens and the Maroons. The 100 is unchanged... I really want to make it a plaque. Perhaps a Ceramic plaque with and ice surface and my logo at center ice, very much like TChans NHL shootout poker table.

I'm not married to the maroon, any suggestions on that appreciated. However what I really want to here is that the original version is the best and to go with the red white and blue heavy edg spots....lol

I really miss that white $1 from the first set. I wouldn't drop it. Overall, the second set feels dark, and the green/maroon just doesn't work for me for some reason. Maybe there isn't enough contrast between the base and the edge spot? Maybe it would work better with light green as the base?

Hmmm...another thought would be to reverse the colours on the $1 chip in the second set (grey base with charcoal spot), or use grey / charcoal for the $25 chip.

As is, my vote is for the original version. It works pretty well, and the repeating colours in the edge spots works for me given the theme. I'm no chip xpert, though. Just an ex-Habs fan.

Ok so here is the newest incarnation of the dream cash set, bare bones edition. I changed the 25 cent to blue from retro blue to differentiate if from the spots in the 5. The dollar chip is now kind of like the Stanley Cup chip. The 5 is unchanged and the 25 is the referee chip. I think I honestly still like the original the best. The 100 will for sure become a plaque.

Also, I've downloaded the price list spreadsheet and was wondering if I got my prices correct.
25 cent would be a plain
1 dollar would be a level 1
5 dollar would be a level 3
25 dollar would be a level 4.

Is this correct?

Thanks again folks

So still working on this, quietly in the background. I'm not really close to making this set a reality (Hoping for a Canadian Dollar rebound at some point) so I had not spent that much time on it. But I've been playing around a lot with the chip design tool lately and am kind of stumped.
I still really like the original mock up with repeating colours but I can see the point of changing things up a little. However I don't really want to change things up to much either. Classic decision making there.

Having said that, Here are my breakdown ideas:
25 cent chip
dollar chip
3 dollar chip (This is a specific to our game kind of chip, may make no sense to anyone here but will be a riot for us)
5 dollar chip (this is the only chip that I'm married to and will not change, by the way its the version with the 3TA316 spot)
20 dollar chip or 25 dollar chip... not sure
100 dollar plaque to be designed later.

I like the idea of a 20 dollar chip but really want a green chip in play
I have no ideas on the 3 dollar chip but am a fan of orange chips so therefore you can see that in my various mock-ups.

SO here is shit ton of various mockups for your amusement and perusal. All guidance will be taken (except for suggestions on the bringing back of the flaming BBQ)

Oops, forgot about the black Frac.
I was thinking of having a black 25 cent chip. Hockey puck.
In fact I was even thinking of having that chip be a no mold so as to better simulate a puck as well as have a different inlay that would mimic the logo of a cooper hockey puck

$(KGrHqNHJ!8FJeC5)idNBS(uktvYdw--60_35.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom