China clay vs plastic Dunes (2 Viewers)

I just recieved some chipco racks and it turns out the plastic chips are actually too thick to fit a full 20 chips per row. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I'd throw it out there.View attachment 302562
The Brybelly racks are probably perfect for what you need. ChipCos are best for ceramics and minty Paulsons.

The Brybelly racks are probably perfect for what you need. ChipCos are best for ceramics and minty Paulsons.
I'm definitely building a set of clay Dunes and they fit great as well. I've also got a couple racks of Paulsons currently on their way from Germany so the ChipCos will be perfect for what I need. Good to know for the future though. I didn't even realize there was a difference in size until I received the trays.

I'm definitely building a set of clay Dunes and they fit great as well. I've also got a couple racks of Paulsons currently on their way from Germany so the ChipCos will be perfect for what I need. Good to know for the future though. I didn't even realize there was a difference in size until I received the trays.
Ya I have the brys and they fit the Dunes Nexgens perfect

No they dint fit in the chipco racks :/. Also the dunes china clay 5$s dont either.
No kidding? Well that's a little unfortunate. I just assumed the china clays would be more consistent with thickness between denoms. Shows what I know.

I just assumed the china clays would be more consistent with thickness between denoms.
Depends on the version. Most china clay chips suffer from thickness variations, (and other quality issues), with most earlier-produced products being typically thicker (and less consistent in general) than the 'standard' 3.3mm thickness. Other cc quality inconsistencies include chip diameter, out-of-roundness, and rolling edge configuration issues.

More recent product lines have been a little better (notably the CPS, Majestics, and Dunes v2), but still far from perfect. It's the best you can hope for in a chip that costs much less than < 10c to produce.

Surprisingly, abs plastic injection-molded chips are generally quite consistent dimensionally (but suffer from other drawbacks inherent to the material).

Brybelly's from Amazon fit the Dunes CCs pretty well. It's about 1/8th of a chip wiggle, if that's a big deal to you. I have a one-off Brybelly rack with a cover that fits them slightly better.

These were from the original Dunes CC run by Apache a couple years ago so keep that in mind. Later runs could be inconsistent with the originals.

43mm compression molded clay chips with round inlays for Baccarat games, produced by Paulson on the Dunes house mold
Undoubtedly an oversight but for the sake of accuracy, the 43mm Paulson Dunes Baccarat chips also have “true shaped inlays” like their 39mm counterparts.
51919660-6B71-48A6-B9E3-608CF793672F.jpeg

Undoubtedly an oversight but for the sake of accuracy, the 43mm Paulson Dunes Baccarat chips also have “true shaped inlays” like their 39mm counterparts.
View attachment 1065406
Just those three chips -- the $5, $20, and $100. The 39mm set has shaped inlays from $5 up through at least $1000 (not sure on the $5000).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom