China Clay Solids Blow Out Sale - CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

ABC Gifts and Awards

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE: SALE IS CANCELLED, AND ALL ORDERS REFUNDED.

Here's another crazy sale to clear out some space!

China clay solids - here's my take on these. I don't like China Clays. :vomit: That doesn't mean you don't like them. They aren't super strong chips, the colors are not extremely consistent, and the thickness of the chips is not consistent (so a stack of 20 chips of one color may not be the same height as a stack of another). Plus, there's some behind the scenes stuff that I won't get into (has nothing to do with the chips themselves).

We don't have nearly the quantities of these like we did with the 8Vs. First come, first served. I don't even know how many of each we have, but to start off, there is AT LEAST 500 of each color. Some colors we have quite a few of, others not many. I'll try to update as we go.

15 cents per chip, plus shipping. To request an order, PM me with what you'd like for colors/quantities, your zip code, and email address so I can invoice.

We do offer labels as well - 12 cents per label if you apply them yourself. If you want us to have all the fun and apply the labels, it's $.55 per chip (includes chip/labels/labor). You provide the artwork.

The colors available are:
WHITE (no staining like the 8Vs)
GREEN
YELLOW SOLD OUT
RED
BROWN
BLACK (more like charcoal grey)
GREY
PINK (very light color)
PURPLE
BLUE

IMG_2690.jpg

Thanks,
Gene

Last edited:
I really don't need these. Will someone please convince me that I don't need these? I'm still waiting for my recently ordered 8V blowouts to arrive in the mail. And then waiting and begging/scrounging for the colors that were no longer available.

Edit: If someone wants to sell me their incomplete set of compression 8V and purchase a full set of these, I will happily take any color and quantity off of your hands except for white, purple, or brown (the colors that are still available from ABC).

@ABC Gifts and Awards

How do these compare in quality to the other 8v chips that you sold? Are the colours really that off? It seems like these are worse then those? Maybe we could see a picture of a barrel to get an idea? Also, is it the same inlay size of the other 8vs? I got some labels already made but maybe I’ll get some of these for a tourney set.

@ABC Gifts and Awards

How do these compare in quality to the other 8v chips that you sold? Are the colours really that off? It seems like these are worse then those? Maybe we could see a picture of a barrel to get an idea? Also, is it the same inlay size of the other 8vs? I got some labels already made but maybe I’ll get some of these for a tourney set.

I'd also like to know how these compare to the quality of the solids PGI made on the same mold. I'm looking at mixing these new ones with the 10+ year old ones.

Timeline, as I recall: the mgk solids and mgk 4d14-spotted chips were made first, with subsequent factory order(s) of the spotted versions. The 8v-spotted mgk chips were made much later (with also possibly a reorder).

@ABC Gifts and Awards

The coloring is more consistent on these than on the 8Vs. The solids do not seem to be as strong as the 8V chips are though. It was very hard for me to break an 8V with my hands, not as difficult with these. As long as you don't have people TRYING to break them, I don't see a big issue.

I'd also like to know how these compare to the quality of the solids PGI made on the same mold. I'm looking at mixing these new ones with the 10+ year old ones.
These are not "new ones"...they were part of the Palm Inventory. I have no idea when they were manufactured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom