Tourney China Clay Pharaoh Chips and Plaques (1 Viewer)

ktran

Flush
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to setting up my new my own home games. I have bought the Pharaoh China clays chips. I first bought a set amount for a simple tournament set up with the high denominations. While looking back at Apache, I figured I wanted the $25,000 plaques into play. I need help with a chip denomination count for 9 person tournament that includes the 25k plaques. I've been reading things online to say start with a certain percent of the starting big blind. I could not find a starting stack size that would make the starting big blind easy and the blind progression with the pharaoh denominations. If anyone could help me, I would greatry appreciate it.

What's your chipset breakdown, and how many entries (including rebuys) are you planning to have?

A few rebuys, but I'm not worry about not having enough chips because I'm willing to buy more which makes my chip breakdown open to suggestions. I'm trying to figure out the starting blinds, chip stack, and the increasing blinds to make it easy tournament structure and not have unnecessary chips denominations. I figured each person start with 50k (so I can use the 25k plaque), but 1% of 50k is 500. 500 for staring big blind would kind of be weird unless I did 200/500 blinds. I could use the $25 denominations and make it 25/50. With 25/50, I think I would have to speed up the blind increments. Also i could start with 40k chip stacks and do 200/400 I don't know, please let me know what you guys set up that includes the $25,000 plaque. I'm trying to find the perfect tournament set up.

Last edited:
@ktran First, welcome to the forum
I read both your posts twice, and you're kinda all over the place. Maybe answer this post and we could get a starting point

I have at least a 100 of each denominations and I plan of using the higher denominations for tournament. I'm realistic probably going to have like 5 rebuys, but I would like to in theory have 1 rebuys per person so 9 at most. I want to say 9 bc it would future proof my chip set and not run into any problems. At the same time having 9 people bust out early doesnt seem realistic. I willing to buy more chips if needed. I just want everyone to have one 25k plaque in use. I could just not use the plaque and keep it simple, but really want to implement the 25k plaque. Adding the plaque makes chip count a little higher I think or I'm over thinking it.

You don't have to have your big blind exactly at 1%; that's just a general guideline and you want to be in that ballpark. You can do 50k stacks and start at 100/200 or 200/400, those are both fine.

I'd be a little worried about tying up half of the stacks in one chip (or plaque). If I was going a 10k tourney start stack, I would not have a 5k in there. So if your set supports it, start with 75k or 100k stacks, or stick with 50k but save the plaques for rebuys and/or coloring up when there have been some eliminations and average stack size has grown a bit.

You don't have to have your big blind exactly at 1%; that's just a general guideline and you want to be in that ballpark. You can do 50k stacks and start at 100/200 or 200/400, those are both fine.

I'd be a little worried about tying up half of the stacks in one chip (or plaque). If I was going a 10k tourney start stack, I would not have a 5k in there. So if your set supports it, start with 75k or 100k stacks, or stick with 50k but save the plaques for rebuys and/or coloring up when there have been some eliminations and average stack size has grown a bit.

Appreciate the help. Might experiment with each stack ranges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom