Checking in -- Poker Table Build (1 Viewer)

Interested to see it all together with the cloth. I'm sure it will look great.
Yeah, me too. I drew it but it always surprises me when the furniture is done. a blueprint doesn't do these (or any millwork) justice.
I'm hoping by the end of next week, If I don't get some additional work in. Customer's work always comes first.

stained... What a pain to get the stain to be even. I'm using a dye stain that dries very quickly. any lapping and it shows.
20221123_163904.jpg

It's not perfect. I have a few lap marks but fortunately it's not too noticeable. The trick is to dilute the stain and flood it. That way it does not dry before you get it all done. large areas like paneling it's best to spray and tone the lacquer for final adjustment.

It's not perfect. I have a few lap marks but fortunately it's not too noticeable. The trick is to dilute the stain and flood it. That way it does not dry before you get it all done. large areas like paneling it's best to spray and tone the lacquer for final adjustment.
I'm lazy... I have started using tinted Osmo PolyX for anything that I want "stained" ... Limited color options, but I've been able to make them work, so far. Haven't had issues with overlap yet.

But my work also isn't as complex or of the same quality as yours.

Tah Dah...
Not finished yet. Have 1 piece of trim and a drawer to install.

Let me know what you think. I appreciate the feedback.
Your table looks great. I think if you really want feedback from more PCF members you should consider creating a new post outside of the "checking in" section. Sometimes it seems like things placed in the "checking in" section of PCF get lost or forgotten. This table build deserves more merit and attention than it's gotten.

Maybe title a new thread: "Critique my Poker Table Build" or "Looking for Feedback on my Poker Table Build"

Nice work on the table.

Thank you! I will consider it.
I originally had it in a different thread, but they moved it to "Poker Tables, Toppers, Seating, and Furniture".
Yeah, maybe a new post would spark a little more attention.
Thanks for the feedback.

Great table. Nice work on the racetrack. Good news is that someday, you can replace the chip tray with a Shuffletech ST 1000:D, although the tray looks amazing on there.

What an amazing build ! You will appreciate those 40-60 hours of work for a long time. Keep up the good work thanks for posting your build !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom