Cheap table from FB Marketplace with new mini SSC (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Two years ago , I bought this homemade table off a guy who happened to live just two blocks from me. Not a pro build, but solid, and just $60. It has been in storage for a couple years, but I finally have an excuse to put it in use tonight. My wife and I put the new cloth on it today. I think I could have gotten it a bit more snug, but cards slide nicely.

Bought some mini SSC from @Nick@TPS when he was closing it out, so
I think I have about $110 total in it.

We’ll be playing some .25/.25 NLHE/PLO tonight!
6BD9F913-E3D5-42AA-8393-FC311AE495A7.jpeg

This is why we put new cloth on it. :D
BBF362BA-9C4C-4A97-877F-80BF0C3A0576.png

Good job. I did two home builds that turned out great but the night before our first multi-table tourney I pulled like a million staples to redo the cloth.

A light to maybe a little heavier than light coat of 3M spray glue the pull tight and staple.

Like ice.

Great score. Just keep pumping it up.

You can redo that cloth with the same material when you’re bored.

Lay the cloth out, fold it over in itself, spray, unfold and hand smooth and pull, repeat.

Looking good so far.

I didn’t even see it was you Beaker. Still loving my Donkey Rescues. You’re the one that got me hooked on the CC 8v Greeks.

My wife thanks you. And actually for real. I told her what a THC set would run me if I built one.

You da man.

Also love the tan rail! Makes me think of the golden age mid 2000's WSOP tan rail with green felt. Similar colors as my table and I paid WAY more than $110 dollars. You have an absolute gem.

20230313_135234.jpg

Good job. I did two home builds that turned out great but the night before our first multi-table tourney I pulled like a million staples to redo the cloth.

A light to maybe a little heavier than light coat of 3M spray glue the pull tight and staple.

Like ice.

Great score. Just keep pumping it up.

You can redo that cloth with the same material when you’re bored.

Lay the cloth out, fold it over in itself, spray, unfold and hand smooth and pull, repeat.

Looking good so far.
I didn’t even think about spray adhesive! :oops:

I didn’t even think about spray adhesive! :oops:
Light coat. I even tested it on top of piece of scrap wood with my table pad staple to it and then my SSC. I was worried about bleed thru or whatever. All good.

Light complete coat. Like I said, first lay out the cloth, fold back, adhese, fold into place and smooth, fold back other end, repeat. Smooth, smooth, smooth, flip, tug (gently) and staple.

Bam!

Light coat. I even tested it on top of piece of scrap wood with my table pad staple to it and then my SSC. I was worried about bleed thru or whatever. All good.

Light complete coat. Like I said, first lay out the cloth, fold back, adhese, fold into place and smooth, fold back other end, repeat. Smooth, smooth, smooth, flip, tug (gently) and staple.

Bam!
Yeah, that's why I was thinking it seemed a little loose. No worries, as it worked fine as it is, but if ever gets to loose to play, I suppose I'll be removing some staples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom