Status
Not open for further replies.

longflop

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here the situation...

I have recently started playing in a game close to me that has been going since the 1950's. Great guys, old timers. I am 45 years old and I am the youngest in the group.

Here's the thing, they have kept the buyins from the 50's. $1 gets you 50 chips. They play all the goofy wild card games. Normally, I would want no part of this game, but they are all great guys, the food and snacks are awesome, and its a good group of people to know.

This is what tilts me. They use the dice chips and every chip is worth $.02. Its my turn to host the next one, and I want to try to put an end to that. I am looking to put together a travelling limit set so we can avoid having all the different colored chips. As of right now, the plan is to get a bunch of the spirit molds from chipsandgames.com, but I wanted to see if you guys have anything you want to get rid of. It looks like the all in at chips and games would be $160ish, so somewhere around that would be what I was looking to spend. I'm not trying to break the bank since I am going to be donating this.

Let me know what you've got!

I love my limit set. It's about .65 per chip x 1400 chips.
PXL_20230122_033755307.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230122_010200603.jpg
    PXL_20230122_010200603.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 46

I have recently started playing in a game close to me that has been going since the 1950's. Great guys, old timers. I am 45 years old and I am the youngest in the group.

Here's the thing, they have kept the buyins from the 50's. $1 gets you 50 chips. They play all the goofy wild card games. Normally, I would want no part of this game, but they are all great guys, the food and snacks are awesome, and its a good group of people to know.

This is what tilts me. They use the dice chips and every chip is worth $.02. Its my turn to host the next one, and I want to try to put an end to that. I am looking to put together a travelling limit set so we can avoid having all the different colored chips. As of right now, the plan is to get a bunch of the spirit molds from chipsandgames.com, but I wanted to see if you guys have anything you want to get rid of. It looks like the all in at chips and games would be $160ish, so somewhere around that would be what I was looking to spend. I'm not trying to break the bank since I am going to be donating this.

Can you elaborate what denomination chips that you would like.
Most here have
$0.25 ,$0.50 , $1.00, $5.00, $10.00, $25.00 chips in their sets.
I have the first 4 denoms that I am replacing very soon.
We play $.25/$.25 blinds.
These are what my current chips look like.

Attachments

• 25-50-1.jpg
    25-50-1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 36

I would think these are much better than spirit molds?
And if they play .02 per chip, this may be an amazingly easy transition - $2s.

I think there are 9 racks? I actually really like em as a chip limit. Easy to get value chip as well!

Just let me know. I’m shipping last of outgoing chips today, but these might have to wait til Monday.

image.jpg

hell
I would think these are much better than spirit molds?
And if they play .02 per chip, this may be an amazingly easy transition - $2s.

I think there are 9 racks? I actually really like em as a chip limit. Easy to get value chip as well!

Just let me know. I’m shipping last of outgoing chips today, but these might have to wait til Monday.

View attachment 1115167
Those are significantly better than the spirit molds. Weren't these from a chiproom sale or something?

I have a set of Freddies ceramics that is a limit set. They are “1s” but I have a crap ton of them. You’re welcome to borrow them anytime and can buy them if you prefer
Thanks man. I want to buy something since I basically going to donate them to the group.

I wanted to bump this thread and see if you guys had anything for me before I pull the trigger on the chips and games order.

I'm looking for somewhere in the 1,000 chip range. They can be denominated or not, or even blanks. What do you guys need to get rid of? I host on the 28th, so I'll probably pull the trigger on something in the next day or so.

Order a set of custom Tina chips. More money but custom chips will be far more meaningful to your group and yet still inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom