SOLD Charity Auction - "Just Because It's Wednesday Night" 15-chip Sample Set (CPC Small Crown) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AUCTION ENDS ON
Jul 7, 2021
AUCTION ENDS AT
9:00 PM Eastern Time
STARTING BID
$20
MINIMUM BID INCREMENT
$5
PAYMENTS ACCEPTED
  1. PayPal F&F
  2. Venmo
SHIPPING TERMS
Free - Worldwide
SHIPS VIA
USPS Priority
AUCTION GUIDELINES
    1. The highest bid at the closing time listed above will win. If there is a bid within 5 minutes of the closing time (original or extended closing time), 5 minutes shall be added to the time of the last bid, until there are no bids within the final 5 minutes. Because seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these examples will be used as a reference.
    2. No Reserve. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
    3. Bids must be placed in whole US dollars, using numbers in minimum increments as stated above. (bids using images or spelled out numbers are not valid)
    4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via Private Message/Convo. Sellers are not permitted to bid on their own auctions.
    5. The seller reserves the right to edit the listing to clarify statements or correct any errors.
    6. Once a valid bid is made, the auction can not be canceled. Bid edits and/or retractions are not permitted. Violations of this rule will result in discipline at the discretion of PCF Admins and/or Moderators.
    7. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are not responsible for any actions or outcomes that take place in this auction.
I didn't order enough chips to offer full sample sets for sale, but since CPC was gracious enough to include extras of almost every chip in the set, I have a couple to part with. One is going to another chipper in our game and I wanted to use the other to raise some money for the community fridge project my wife is involved in here in Atlanta. All money from the auction will be donated.

Free99Fridge (website; Insta) is a mutual aid project in Atlanta that organizes and supports the community through a network of solidarity fridges throughout the city. The basic idea is that a refrigerator and pantry are placed in neighborhoods to be used by anyone in the community. Anyone can leave food; anyone can take food. All free. It's not an incorporated entity; it's not a non-profit; no one is paid a salary or a wage. It's simply a group of people working together to provide for people in the community.

We live very, very near one of the fridges and my wife has been instrumental in organizing donations, managing the fridge on a day-to-day basis, etc. Our basement is constantly filled with donations from people and businesses and the majority of her day is focused on getting the food distributed throughout all the fridges including the one near our place. The fridges are in constant need because our community is in constant need. So while we might have, say, a hundred bagels, 50 boxes of strawberries, and a thousand tubes of toothpaste donated in a single morning, you need to fill the gaps in that diet with normal food, so volunteers will go make a grocery run when the donations don't hit the natural equilibrium to make for a healthy, reasonable mix of food in the fridge/pantry.

100% of the money raised by this auction will be donated to Free99Fridge to be used for food for our community and I'll post proof of the donation in this thread once all is said and done. Worldwide shipping will be paid by me, not out of the proceeds of the auction.

5Yo0RNu.png

l1QAUt6.png

rwxCnyN.png

KeOw8Zg.jpg

2XiiYDK.jpg

FYI this is a shot of the interior of the community fridge next to our house when it's well-stocked. Whoever loaded it up this time went to Kroger it looks like, but we generally shop at Aldi and you can get an assload of food for very decent money.

Just want to make sure people know where the money from this auction will go :love:

nIHIn3x.jpg

Bump - ends tomorrow night.

Tough ask to get people to come over the top of Dan's bid above, but why not reach for the stars, right?

Nobody wants a piece of this man? I think he can be taken down.

Game on right now.

Attachments

• 90D1CC6A-CC6C-4CB3-B162-71486FBDA833.jpeg
    90D1CC6A-CC6C-4CB3-B162-71486FBDA833.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 108
  • B4AE1A53-4E0A-4455-83B5-A0EBE0EA3775.jpeg
    B4AE1A53-4E0A-4455-83B5-A0EBE0EA3775.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 107
Thanks to everyone who bid in this thing: @Chippy McChiperson @Cliff @H|Q @krafticus @MegaTon44 @moechar and our final champion, @lrapley.

It really is greatly appreciated. Many of our friends are part of the newly formed ATL Homeless Union demonstrating and being arrested daily at our city hall. Many other fridge shoppers are not homeless, but are in financially precarious enough situations that they cannot afford to miss work due to arrest or pay the associated fines and so are unable to advocate for themselves. The least we can do is try to get food to as many of them as we can.

I forwarded @lrapley's donation a few minutes ago and the sample set (plus a 4-chip not-yet-posted ceramic sample set) to ship off in just a bit to our winner.

FY4al0w.png

AvtMsyS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom