SOLD Cdi 98 cash set (murdered) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marius L

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 98.1%
53   1   0
UPDATE: selling this for $2600+ shipping.

Not a dibs sale, but pretty close to it. I'll decide who I sell to.

I will ship with the Norwegian Post service (tracked). I'm no longer responsible once I drop it off at the post office.

Hello guys. I have this cash set of CDI98 that I would like to trade for a random tourney set. I already have a couple other cash sets, but currently zero tourney sets.

Looking for something to cover 2 tables with rebuys. Preferably T100 base, but flexible. Looking for clay chips, but very flexible as long as I like them.

Most of the CDIs are half murdered, used and in need of a bath. Happy to provide exact numbers and more pics.

20211125103608__MG_8767.JPG

20211125103845__MG_8770.JPG

20211125103714__MG_8769.JPG

20211125103923__MG_8773.JPG

20211125103644__MG_8768.JPG

Last edited:
My ad was maybe not entirely clear.

Chips with original inlays:
40x $1 ish
106x $5

Half-murdered chips (laminate is gone, but the white paper b part of the inlay is still left on both sides of the chips)
About these numbers:
120 x $1
210 x $5
170 x 25
33 x $100

Bump. These are used but shuffle and feel like a dream IMO. Have gotten a tourney set now, so no longer looking for that as a trade.

Will consider trading these for PNY $1s or $5s,
or just cash.

Do you want to sell the $1 and the $5 with original inlay?

Potentially. Although the breakdown is currently pretty great for a relabel cash set. Either use as original denoms for $1/$2, or make the green a 25c and the blacks $20s

How many $5 half murdered are there?
All the same base color?
Did you try to remove the remaining paper and fiber from an half murdered chip? Was it difficult?

How many $5 half murdered are there?
All the same base color?
Did you try to remove the remaining paper and fiber from an half murdered chip? Was it difficult?
I tried to scrape the leftovers away with an exacto knife, and it was not super easy. Time consuming, but likely an OK option when you get in the flow. I would think that non-acetone nail polish remover is the better way to go though, but I don't have any at home so I haven't tried that. Another option would be milling with a drill press to finish the job.

Breakdown:
Original "Murdered"TOTAL
$134125159*
$5106208314
$2526148174
$10003333

*I have an extra mint $1 to fill that barrel

The $1s show the most use. Some fleabites and some rounded edges. They are also the most dirty. All stand on edge (at least the random ones I tried).

The $5s are all in really nice condition. Slightly worn in and shuffle like a dream. A few have minor fleabites. All stand on edge (at least the random ones I tried).

$25 pretty sharp edges but show a little bit of use. Some fleabites here as well.

$100s are sharp and minty, but warped a little bit so need a flattening to match the barrel height of the other denoms.

Paper inlay removal is a tedious scrapefest. No way around it.
True story....
I can make them look much nicer than the close up of the scraped $5 close up Marius shows, but it does take quite a bit of effort/time.

even with nail polish remover ?
I highly recommend NOT using Non Acetone Nail Polish Remover (NANPR) on these as it will stain the outer face of the chips rather easily. Once you remove the laminate use alcohol and then scrape away.

I have pics, but this probably isn't the place

True story....
I can make them look much nicer than the close up of the scraped $5 close up Marius shows, but it does take quite a bit of effort/time.

I highly recommend NOT using Non Acetone Nail Polish Remover (NANPR) on these as it will stain the outer face of the chips rather easily. Once you remove the laminate use alcohol and then scrape away.

I have pics, but this probably isn't the place
Good info. Yeah, the one I tried was a bit rough, but with the label stuck on there it feels completely smooth.

I have gotten multiple requests to buy these. Guess I need a price as well. Trade for PNYs or I guess sell for $4/each avg.

I purchased a 1500 chip tourney set a few days after making this thread, so no longer in need of that trade to be honest. Sorry for the confusing thread lol.

I'll change this to a regular 'for sale' ad now. Will sell the whole set for $2600 + shipping.

If I’m reading your chart correctly, I’d be interested a 1:1 trade for 15 of your un-murdered $25s for my original $25s with some darker spots. Totally normal per @allforcharity, but it bothers me.

I think you will have to ask the potential buyers for this. Sorry. International shipping back and forth for a 1:1 trade makes zero sense for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom