Not open for further replies.

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hi PCF,

In all my excitement chipping over the last 2 years, I've bought way too many sets and something has to go to make room for future purchases. :cool

So up on the chopping block is a Dunes Cash Set. For those that don't know they are leaded Paulsons on a house mold with shaped and textured inlays. Chips were sold to me as and appear to be in uncirculated condition. Judge the condition for yourself.

The set can handle stakes of $5/$5 and up. Chips are all located in the US and can be shipped internationally using FedEx, DHL or UPS.

Breakdown
$5 x 400
$25 x 200
$100 x 200
$500 x 20

Asking $5800 USD plus shipping

Now for the pron. If you require more pics please ask.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-01 at 8.18.39 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 5.18.49 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 5.18.50 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 5.18.49 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 5.18.51 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 5.18.51 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 5.18.52 AM.jpeg

Note. Purchasers will have the option of adding some racks of Bellagio '98 $1s if they want, to be negotiated later as I'm still tossing up whether or not to keep them as part of a limit set or not. Pics below are to assist in visualising how the set would look with Bellagio '98 $1s and are not part of this sale.
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-01 at 8.28.18 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-01 at 8.26.36 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-01 at 8.26.37 AM.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning. Beautiful and important historical set.

I can understand higher denoms, but how do you think that many minty $5s survived? And made it into one collection?
Spinettis was selling mint Dunes chips for years. At prices we all thought were high a few years ago, and that we’d all jump at now.
Anyway I believe the story goes that when they blew up the Dunes, they just left the chips in the vault, figuring the whole shebang would explode? But I guess it was a good vault.

If I was someone that wanted to get a Dunes uncirculated set, I would swoop this up like NOW! These are some of the nicest Dunes chips I've seen in a while. Let me tell you.... I've seen A LOT of Dunes chips. Most of the people that got their uncirculated sets years ago did really well and I'm sure they know what they've got. I think @davislane pricing is spot on considering its getting harder and harder to find uncirculated $5s primarily. These are absolutely amazing chips in person and whoever buys this set is going to love it for years.

If I was someone that wanted to get a Dunes uncirculated set, I would swoop this up like NOW! These are some of the nicest Dunes chips I've seen in a while. Let me tell you.... I've seen A LOT of Dunes chips. Most of the people that got their uncirculated sets years ago did really well and I'm sure they know what they've got. I think @davislane pricing is spot on considering its getting harder and harder to find uncirculated $5s primarily. These are absolutely amazing chips in person and whoever buys this set is going to love it for years.
Ehh.. If they were uncirculated.. maybe
These are used chips, definitely circulated
Am I missing something there?

Okay, I see what you’re saying. I took a quick glance at them and they looked to be in great shape (which they are). I’m seeing excellent condition used chips amongst some uncirculated or very close to being uncirculated for instance in the $5s. The $25s are excellent condition compared to the used chips you can find out there. Then the $100s look to be mixed too, but still really good condition. Same goes for the $500s.

I’m going off how the edges look. Sharp and clean or sharp and slightly dirty. A little bit of cleaning on the $5s and $100s and they would shine nicely. Overall I still think it’s a great price and a great breakdown for someone that would like to have a Dunes set.

From my understanding they were originally purchased as uncirculated to distinguish them from the heavily used chips that were also sold back in the day. From my observation they have been put in play in a home game setting but are still in fantastic shape.

Ultimately the photos speak for themselves with regards to condition and Ill do my best to capture that with photos and additional photos if asked for and potential buyers can decide if it meets their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom