Tourney can this awkward breakdown work for a T10K? (1 Viewer)

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to put a set (fake internet points if you can guess which one) into play for a (T25-based) T10K this week but the breakdown is 100/100/100/100/100. We usually have 2 tables with maybe 6-8 rebuys, so let's say 30 stacks maximum. I was thinking:

8/8/6/6/0 x 12
4/4/7/6/0 x 1
0/0/4/3/1 x 5
0/0/0/5/1 x 1
0/0/0/0/2 x as needed

That leaves 7 T1K and plenty of T5Ks for coloring up. The per-table breakdown would be (assuming 6 of the first stack listed and 2 of the third)

48/48/44/44/2 - 8 players per table, most likely
48/48/44/44/6 - 10 players per table, possible

and going to 2 T5K chips for rebuys immediately. I realize this is heavy on T500s but intuitively to me the 8/8/6/6 stacks are close enough to 8/8/4/7 and there are enough of them that I assume this will be okay in terms of change-making, etc . . . ? Also the T500 is the pretties chip in the set so having more of those isn't such a bad thing :)

You have so many awesome sets....can you use this particular set on a night when you just have a STT?

I'd hate to be handed 2 chips for my starting stack. :(
Yeah that's pretty crappy actually now that you mention it. Guess I should go with something else unless we get a low turnout.

It's my only set that hasn't seen the felt yet . . .

Sounds like you need moar chips. And, if there is a seat open...:)
Wish I could invite you but this is a work thing . . .

And sadly, there are no moar:

IMG_3698.JPG

Yeah, those need to get in play for sure. It might be awkward. If you have patient players that don't mind making change, it could work. But it won't be as smooth as you are probably use to playing.

Big chips for rebuys isn't a big deal. The big stacks should be able to make change for the rebuy chips.

Also, when coloring up, you will need one person to buy all of the color up chips and then give big chips from the bank to buy the color up chips. That will be a longer process than normal as well.

You have a stunning STT set here - trying to stretch it to two tables will be tough. You'll have 50x T25 & T100 on each table which is going to result in change making pretty much every hand.

Wish I could invite you but this is a work thing . . .

And sadly, there are no moar:

View attachment 368784
My absolute favorite tourney chips ever... before I joined I remember @hdgeno had a picture of this set! I truly hope one day to sit at a table with these in play!!! Sorry for the thread derailment sir!! Wow!! I would only want these in play when chip collectors only were at a single table so I could see all of them... at all times! Fellow chipper Ben

I have played in a couple of WSOP tourneys with a 4/4 (25/100) starting stack and it was a cluster F. Making change every hand really slowed things down. Seems to me best to wait for a STT.

BTW, an awesome set!

Maybe this is sacrelidge but what if you instead planned T8000, and did 8/8/4/5 * 20 using all palms on one table, and substituted different T25 and T100 on the other table still using Palms T500 and T1000?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom