Calfdemon's Rat Rod set (1 Viewer)

I have been slacking with updates the last couple of weeks and chips have arrived that I didn't document. So here is an all in one catchup. I oiled all of the new chips from the last few weeks. They will join their brothers and sisters in a few days.

20230215_144557.jpg

And as I am typing this, I looked over and saw a small stack that I haven't washed or oiled yet. Whoops... Well, here are a few more.

16765014980403077217021186873005.jpg

I have been slacking with updates the last couple of weeks and chips have arrived that I didn't document. So here is an all in one catchup. I oiled all of the new chips from the last few weeks. They will join their brothers and sisters in a few days.

View attachment 1081576

And as I am typing this, I looked over and saw a small stack that I haven't washed or oiled yet. Whoops... Well, here are a few more.

View attachment 1081578
I was scouring that pic for $1s I don’t have and I was saying “huh, those all look like extras I definitely don’t need”. *doh* …

So after about 6 months, and WAY more money than I had planned, I am nearing completion of my Rat Rod set. The numbers are there so other than putting a few chips in and taking a few out from time to time, I think my wallet finally gets a break (from this set anyway).

Here is how she currently sits...

200 quarters (and about 2 extra racks leftover)

20230314_162504.jpg

300 individual blueish ones

20230314_162516.jpg

300 individual white and gray ones

20230314_162521.jpg

300 individual redish 5s, 80 green 25s, and 20 black 100s

20230314_162508.jpg

And then my leftovers and all the CIC chips I removed as well

20230314_162528.jpg

And here is how the set currently looks together. Obviously, only one set of the 1s will be used at a time. But I couldn't decide between white or blue, so I made both...

20230314_162706.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I think I like this idea.

How long did it take you to build this?

Based on my post in @FDLmold 's rat rod thread on 9/13/22 and being inspired by his set, I am pretty sure I started on September 14th... so 6 months to the day apparently! I went hard and fast and my wallet felt it. Probably should have taken longer... lol

Woooow man that's awesome. Love the part about just making both blue and whites. That's the way to do it. I find I can't make decisions till I get them in my hands. Wow, how long did it take you from the moment you decided to build? Stellar job and commitment!

I stumbled across the term "rat rod" only a few weeks ago and would love to make something like this in the future. The Japanese have a term called wabi-sabi wherein you take something old and broken and make it new again but don't hide the brokenness. It exposes the reality of transcendence and imperfection. Elevates the old and broken into something with more character than the original. Love the case.

Kintsugi.jpg

I don't know if we're up to ten Rat Rod set builders yet, but we could be. It's possible there are some sneaky people doing it who have not posted anything in public.

Join us!

(here's my set, the one that started things)
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ixed-25-25-and-up-leaded-thc-poker-set.86400/
Wow, love it. I'd like to participate but can't afford a second set. Joined January 6th like two months ago. Need to pace myself but would love to do something like this.

Wow, love it. I'd like to participate but can't afford a second set. Joined January 6th like two months ago. Need to pace myself but would love to do something like this.
What is this "pace myself" that you speak of? I joined 8 months ago only because I was looking up how to improve my Barrington table. At the time, I had a set of Monte Carlo slug chips and 1 table. 8 months later, I am currently sitting on 9 different sets (plus lots of extras), 2 tables, 6 poker mats, a horse racing game, an ultrasonic cleaner, and a hot dog roller! And in that same timespan, I have already sold 4 sets (one being the Monte Carlo set). I guess I have paced myself... pretty much full speed ahead with no letup. This fricken website... I tell ya!

Last edited:
What is this "pace myself" that you speak of? I joined 8 months ago only because I was looking up how to improve my Barrington table. At the time, I had a set of Monte Carlo slug chips and 1 table. 8 months later, I am currently sitting on 9 different set (plus lots of extras), 2 tables, 6 poker mats, a horse racing game, an ultrasonic cleaner, and a hot dog roller! And in that same timespan, I have already sold 4 sets (one being the Monte Carlo set). I guessed I have paced myself... pretty much full speed ahead with no letup. This fricken website... I tell ya!

...Hot dog roller, My minds blown.
huh-confused.gif

Had an 8 hour poker night from 7pm till 3am tonight and got the Rat Rod set in to play. Had 16 players on 2 tables and had all 200 fracs in play, all 300 white ones in play, all 300 fives in play, and about 40 of the 25s in play. Had 2 tables going until about 1am and then a table of 9 for the last 2 hours. A couple big big winners and a bunch cashed out up some, and then a couple very big losers... but fun had by all and the Rat Rod set was a hit.

20230429_001936.jpg
20230429_001812.jpg

Had an 8 hour poker night from 7pm till 3am tonight and got the Rat Rod set in to play. Had 16 players on 2 tables and had all 200 fracs in play, all 300 white ones in play, all 300 fives in play, and about 40 of the 25s in play. Had 2 tables going until about 1am and then a table of 9 for the last 2 hours. A couple big big winners and a bunch cashed out up some, and then a couple very big losers... but fun had by all and the Rat Rod set was a hit.
These are the best photos of live action of in-play poker chips currently on PCF. IMO. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom