Caesars Hangover (Caesars Palace Tributes) (1 Viewer)

chkyrslf

Two Pair
Reaction score
I have always loved movies (and poker) and like to idea of incorporating a movie theme into a poker chip where it complements.

I decided to have a play around with a Caesars Palace tribute set based on the below original lineup and tied in the movie The Hangover.
I also attempted to rough up the edge spots for the usual clay imperfections and some minor compression splits on the edges (would randomize these more prior to any printing).

Let me know what you think :p

Original Lineup:

Original Lineup2.png

V1 with Caesars mold replicated (printed) on cards mold:

V1_4.png

V2 on cards mold (no Caesar mold printed):

V1_6.png

I might take the unnecessary denoms ($2, $10) and tweak to make micro cash (5c, 25c), or a T25 base tourney set with higher denoms...:unsure:

I have always loved movies (and poker) and like to idea of incorporating a movie theme into a poker chip where it complements.

I decided to have a play around with a Caesars Palace tribute set based on the below original lineup and tied in the movie The Hangover.
I also attempted to rough up the edge spots for the usual clay imperfections and some minor compression splits on the edges (would randomize these more prior to any printing).

Let me know what you think :p

Original Lineup:

View attachment 849651

V1 with Caesars mold replicated (printed) on cards mold:

View attachment 849666

V2 on cards mold (no Caesar mold printed):

View attachment 849667

I might take the unnecessary denoms ($2, $10) and tweak to make micro cash (5c, 25c), or a T25 base tourney set with higher denoms...:unsure:
Love this but the denom font needs a rework.

Love this but the denom font needs a rework.

You mean increase the spacing or an entirely new font?

I tried to copy the exact font, but I can see now that the numbers are bunched in quite tight to each other.

I like the tribute!!!

Agreed the denoms are a bit scrunched, but that should be a relatively easy substitute to put in play.

FYI, the $100 from CP has a black base. The image you have from the Chip Guide is an image that's quite gray. I like the idea of a charcoal base hundred, but if you are going to make the $10, I'd worry those could easily cause dirty stack issues despite the different edge spots.

Curious to see where you wind up with this. The current CP rack, particularly with the larger inlays, is one of my favorites.

Have you thought about Caesars mold on a plain mold? I believe Tina and all offer that.

Have you thought about Caesars mold on a plain mold? I believe Tina and all offer that.

You know what, it never even crossed my mind :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That is a good idea. I do like the molds having some recesses/indents in them, but it might look a bit busy with a real mold and fake mold.

Is anyone aware of ceramics with 'fake' molds replicated in print and if any look good at all?

I know they stayed at Caesars, but they played at Riviera , if I recall

Maybe remove the Galafanakis head and replace it with a tiger graphic?

The tiger being maybe a better reference to the movie and to Caesars?

Great idea!...Seems like the denom font, while accurate is a little to heavy and bold. Also some excessive white space that maybe a deeper richer gold could help out with. Also, consider implementing a bolder/heavier faux inlay border effect. With my upcoming project, I pivoted to a more natural/off white for the inlay color too but I am also trying to convey a retro vibe with my set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom