For Sale Burt Co Experimental Injection Mold Sample Sets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernielomax

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
These came along with the large roulette lot David sold. David recommended I sell some of the lot as sample sets. I am slowly going through this lot, likely more sample sets to come (depending on how this goes :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:).

16 sample sets available. $10/each shipped in a padded envelope

From @David Spragg: “These look like experimental chips from the short time John Kendall owned the Burt Co around 1988. Back then Blanchard was working for them and they were experimenting with injection moulding a clay/plastic composite capable of taking a large inlay. Some the old rusted equipment still exists at the factory. Kendall was obsessed with making the largest possible inlay. When he couldn't get it any bigger he split with Jim and formed Chipco and went ceramic. Jim started ASM and continued with clay. You see they are a similar design to Bud Jones and others roulettes but have a recess capable of taking an inlay. I have some similar in my collection with and without a central design and I also have a few like this but compression molded in clay with that large size inlay.”

Vn83W0W.jpg
uqo0veO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom