Burning Benjamins mock-up (1 Viewer)

Jambine

Full House
Reaction score
Order is in, now I only have to wait another 3-4 months for the chips. Great job on the art John !
Ben clays.jpg

Very interesting design. I remember the chip cases from back in the day. Will be very curious to see how the color matching turns out (I have something of a personal interest in that aspect at least).

Very interesting design. I remember the chip cases from back in the day. Will be very curious to see how the color matching turns out (I have something of a personal interest in that aspect at least).
That is the main reason I went with J5 for the art. He has done a lot with CPC and knows the colors, which are probably the most important aspect of this set. I was totally convinced when I saw the set he did for detroitdad

It should be interesting to see the exact color match. JimB himself suggested to me to not do it. DetroitDad's sunset chips don't exactly color match, but they match in hues. Since the surface of the chip and the surface of the inlay are made of 2 different components, they will tend to reflect/absorb light differently. This isn't to say that they won't look incredible. They just will never look as seamless as they do in mock-ups, where the light is all coming from the same medium (a monitor).

DetroitDad's sunset chips don't exactly color match, but they match in hues

correct. I knew they weren't going to be exact, and honestly, I didn't want a "perfect" match. WOW, they turned out awesome. I have no doubt these will as well.

Great illusion with the inlay and the spots.

Interested to see how these turn out! Great use of the oversize inlay.

Cool concept. Pics will be fun to see.

Originality counts for something and these are certainly that. Good job.

It's funny how completely flexible all my so-called strongly held opinions are. I constantly think I like a certain thing in chips and a set comes along to show me how narrow my thinking was.

I always thought I didn't like non-denoms, but this set makes me rethink a bit...

A dislike for non-denominated chips is like saying "Chips shouldn't be used for roulette".

I prefer denoms. I prefer dedicated tournament (no currency symbol) or dedicated cash ($1=$1, not 100=$1). If the Burning Bennies comes out as nicely as the mock-up, they will be awesome chips. I might not prefer them for a poker game, but they could be a 1st or 2nd pick for roulette, markers in a board game, etc.

They look great. I think the color matching inlay will look great. Probably even better IRL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom