Bruce's Game (1 Viewer)

broose

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi PCF,

I’m Bruce, I’m new around here, and am about to host my third home game this year (also third home game ever). I’ve got a decent roster of about 15 guys/gals that have started to play 25c/50c every other month and I’m pretty thrilled about it! I figured it might be fun to also chronicle the evolution of my home game as the years go on.

A few years ago I wanted to start my own poker home game but had to get honest with myself that I didn’t have enough poker people to pull that off yet. Somehow since then I’ve amassed a good group of people to play at home together, and it all happened organically.

I’ll be hosting at my place for the first time on October 14 and it’s also the first time I’m hosting on a Saturday and I’m quite excited about it. I have a table donated by a friend with some decent speed cloth on it, some chips I picked up FB marketplace recently for a good price in the denominations I need (they’re from chipcave), and some nice copag cards ready to go.

Thanks to everybody on these forums for the home game inspiration. I’ve been lurking around here for the past few weeks, and I’ve felt compelled to chime in and be part of this community.

Attached are a few pics of my last home game, the chips I picked up recently, and the flyer for my next home game.

IMG_5553.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5909.png

Chiming in from Simi Valley. Good luck getting your regular game going, could be an opportunity to mingle with a couple of us locals.

Chiming in from Simi Valley. Good luck getting your regular game going, could be an opportunity to mingle with a couple of us locals.
Hey neighbor! Thanks so much for the well wishes. I’ll certainly chime back in here after the 14th with some stories and photos, and it’d be great to eventually mingle with the locals.

The game was a huge success! We had a full 9-person game for the majority of the evening, with the final few hours being played five-handed. The evening started as a 25c/50c game with a $50 buy-in / match the stack rebuys which evolved into a 50c/$1/$2 game by the end of the night. We played for a little over 8 hours and had a ton of fun. All the guests were outwardly thankful for hosting, and we’ll get another on the calendar soon. Thanks for all the inspiration and support PCF!

Attachments

• IMG_8396.jpeg
    IMG_8396.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8408.jpeg
    IMG_8408.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_8410.jpeg
    IMG_8410.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8416.jpeg
    IMG_8416.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 101
I’ve got the next home game planned for early December and I can’t wait to gather again. My crew had such a blast last week and we had a wide array of skill levels throughout the eight hours of play. The beginning of the day was tons of open limping and people playing any two cards at $0.25/$0.50 blinds. By the end of the night we were playing 5-handed $0.50/$1.00/$2.00 and the game was a bit more splashy. Everybody had a great time and is looking forward to playing again.

Lastly, I’ll be in New Jersey during the third week of November and would love to join a PCF home game out there if we have any members in the area. Thanks everyone!

Level.png

Tomorrow is the next game and I’m incredibly excited to continue the momentum of having a solid home game.

Sorry PCF, I have to report I DO NOT have a hot dog roller BUT we will have a carne asada street taco bar with homemade salsas before the game because that’s how we roll in Southern California!

Last time I hardly got any pics, so I’ll try to zoom out and get some pics of the evening to share in this thread.

Good luck and run good, wherever you all are playing this weekend!

Carne Asada Street Taco Bar is a great idea! I have a home game coming up this Friday… I might just borrow that one. ;)

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom