Cash Game Breakdown Help for .05/.10 Travel Set? (1 Viewer)

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I’m heading home for Thanksgiving and have been asked to bring some chips for a micro-stakes game with the family.

Game will be 7-8 players, $5 buyins, with $5 rebuys. Action will be super chill/tight, as this will be more for fun than trying to push around relatives. :p

Recommendations for a travel set breakdown are appreciated. Hoping to stick with nickels, quarters, and $1s. 300 chips max.

Thanks in advance!

I’m heading home for Thanksgiving and have been asked to bring some chips for a micro-stakes game with the family.

Game will be 7-8 players, $5 buyins, with $5 rebuys. Action will be super chill/tight, as this will be more for fun than trying to push around relatives. :p

Recommendations for a travel set breakdown are appreciated. Hoping to stick with nickels, quarters, and $1s. 300 chips max.

Thanks in advance!
100x 5c
160x 25c
30x $1
10x 5

Starting stacks of 10/10/2
I think he just mailed me the $5's

Solid breakdown Scott. With the blinds at .05/.10 do you think more nickels would be better? Especially if the game is as tight as expected? Just thinking out loud.

Solid breakdown Scott. With the blinds at .05/.10 do you think more nickels would be better? Especially if the game is as tight as expected? Just thinking out loud.
I don't think he can afford the space, if he's looking to keep it to 300 chips. Especially if he's looking to keep it to nickels, quarters and dollars as he said originally.

I don't think he can afford the space, if he's looking to keep it to 300 chips. Especially if he's looking to keep it to nickels, quarters and dollars as he said originally.
This. The $5’s are just an insurance policy against the random craziness. You could probably get away with just 40 $1’s and have five dollar bills play if truly necessary.

Funny, I am doing the same thing 7 to 8 players, $5 buy in .05/.10 $5 rebuy.

My relatives like big stacks, so I will start them 15 / 17 and rebuys in $1's and $5's when the $1's run out.

120 x .05
140 x .25
30 x 1.00
10 x 5.00

This gives them 32 chips to start and $80 in rebuy bank

I pretty much do this every Thanksgiving and to be honest I haven't needed the $5's, but it depends on your relatives and how they bet. I have a lot of old timers and they play tight and passive so I just take them for insurance. Mostly nickels and quarters flying around.

I just use $.05 $.25 and $5 plaques (have to find a reason to get them in play) admittedly I way over buy-in just to get one on the table.
I’ve been trying to actually figure out the needs but think you could do
120x.05
180x.25

Think it does make a difference what type of games you are playing. But above is $51 a few $5’s to bump up bank.

I just use $.05 $.25 and $5 plaques (have to find a reason to get them in play) admittedly I way over buy-in just to get one on the table.
I’ve been trying to actually figure out the needs but think you could do
120x.05
180x.25

Think it does make a difference what type of games you are playing. But above is $51 a few $5’s to bump up bank.

Not a bad idea. I did keep 20-30 of the $5 MSK plaques. I can toss them in my carry on bag!

Plus its fun to use the plaques, I may do the same thing.
I bet the plaques will be a big hit!
Issue rebuys with the plaques, brilliant!

Personally,
100 - 0.05
100 - 0.25
80 - $1
20 - $5

Or 100 $1's if you don't expect to need more than $125 bank...

That should do it nicely?

Jealous! The only game I might end up playing on Thanksgiving is Left Center Right, and you know how much I love that game! ;) :mad::mad:
Oh my god. I have a friend who insists on playing that at every gathering. She'll even write it into invitations "remember to bring lots of singles for LCR!" She thinks it's the greatest game ever. It makes me want to stab my eye with a fork.

Oh my god. I have a friend who insists on playing that at every gathering. She'll even write it into invitations "remember to bring lots of singles for LCR!" She thinks it's the greatest game ever. It makes me want to stab my eye with a fork.
Ugh. It's one of the few games my MIL will play and my kids like it too. IT IS NOT A GAME! There are no choices to be made. At all. You just roll dice until somebody gets all the chips. You might as well just pull a name out of a hat and skip all the dice rolling and then do something fun instead. :mad:

Not sure what chips you have in mind, or whether you even have a micro stakes cash set, but instead of nickels and quarters, I would suggest T5/T25/T100. Might give it a bigger stakes feel and you might forget that you are playing for a 35c pot...

Not sure what chips you have in mind, or whether you even have a micro stakes cash set, but instead of nickels and quarters, I would suggest T5/T25/T100. Might give it a bigger stakes feel and you might forget that you are playing for a 35c pot...
I vote nooooooooooo! Cash games need cash chips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom