Brad Owen Loses 200k On Lodge Livestream (1 Viewer)

I find Brad annoying and a cry baby at times, I really don't see why he plays these stakes. He has nothing to prove. He built his image as an ordinary guy finding success at poker & vloging. I think he should stick to lower stakes/tourneys and continue to build an already successful brand.
If you have the bankroll and ability to climb stakes, there is nothing wrong with NOT doing it. The Peter Principle is likely to kick in at some point, and it's okay not to find where.

Sucks that he lost, but I feel confident predicting that Brad will come across much better and maybe even address his image at these tables when the vlogs come out.

If he wanted to, he could be an adult and say no to playing these stakes. If he wanted to, he could have sold as much action as he wanted.
I agree with this too. This will be a learning experience if anything for him. One thing that these young vloggers are good at is game selection. There's a reason Brad hasn't sat at a game with Mariano, for example. In watching both, IMO, Mariano would wipe the floor with Brad. The latter's analysis and the way he talks through his thought process on hands he plays is on another level from Brad.

In going into last weekend and seeing the lineup, Brad was probably licking his chops but variance didnt go his way those two games. In the long run, he'll probably be a winner in those games if he continues, but with how loose and wide some of those players play, it is very high variance in terms of results.

Meh. I’m kinda done with Texas streams for now. I don’t really enjoy watching people play poker like maniacs. It’s interesting for a change, but I know I’d be scared, miserable Brad at that table. And if I don’t want to play, I probably don’t want to watch.
My thoughts exactly. I’m sick of seeing rich obnoxious idiots punt off money. It’s so much more fun to watch great players play great poker. I guess they need a few business men/whales in there but does it have to be the Eric Persons?

A comment from his upload today.

1676918786121.png

A comment from his upload today.

View attachment 1084476

Interesting because a previous comment or post by him was along the lines of him having most of himself AND considering letting the backers off the hook for their share of the loss and just taking the pain.

Now he's sold "plenty", which to me sounds like "more" than him having the majority of his own action, but who knows?

I dunno, but if I were him and this business NEEDED me to sit at stakes that are like 20x what I’m used to, just to promote the game, I’d say sure, give me a rack and I’ll play.
Isn’t that how it’s supppsed to work when you’re an “ambassador?” They buy you in?

I dunno, but if I were him and this business NEEDED me to sit at stakes that are like 20x what I’m used to, just to promote the game, I’d say sure, give me a rack and I’ll play.
Isn’t that how it’s supppsed to work when you’re an “ambassador?” They buy you in?

He's a partial owner of The Lodge, but smaller than Dougs cut

I guess they need a few business men/whales in there but does it have to be the Eric Persons?
That’s the person in poker who I like the least right now. He’s an ape. 50 year olds don’t need to wear skin tight shirts.
I have pokergo’s recent Cash of the Titans day 2 on in the background. Mostly just to watch the ass lose his money. And it’s easy to know when he’s in a hand because he can’t enter a pot without some snide remark, and then he keeps talking the rest of the time. The same kind of stupid bravado talk you hear from bullies at $1/2 tables around the world. So tired. This ass thinks he can table-talk Patrik Antonius out of his chips? Good luck, fish.

That’s the person in poker who I like the least right now. He’s an ape. 50 year olds don’t need to wear skin tight shirts.
I have pokergo’s recent Cash of the Titans day 2 on in the background. Mostly just to watch the ass lose his money. And it’s easy to know when he’s in a hand because he can’t enter a pot without some snide remark, and then he keeps talking the rest of the time. The same kind of stupid bravado talk you hear from bullies at $1/2 tables around the world. So tired. This ass thinks he can table-talk Patrik Antonius out of his chips? Good luck, fish.
Couldn’t agree more. The Person cringe level is on par with Jamie gold in the main event that he won and subsequent appearence at HSP where he desperately wanted to belong

I've been following Brad for quite some time now. He has really jumped up to higher limits since the Lodge connection. Those games are the wild west down there compared to Vegas and other places that he's played at. I think his wheelhouse is in the $5/$10 or $10/$20 game. Doesn't sound like he's a multi millionaire to be able to handle the swings of a $100/$200 or $200/$400 game. Some of those guys play like it's Monopoly money.

I've been following Brad for quite some time now. He has really jumped up to higher limits since the Lodge connection. Those games are the wild west down there compared to Vegas and other places that he's played at. I think his wheelhouse is in the $5/$10 or $10/$20 game. Doesn't sound like he's a multi millionaire to be able to handle the swings of a $100/$200 or $200/$400 game. Some of those guys play like it's Monopoly money.
He's making a ton of WPT ambassador and youtube money I'm sure, but I feel like Doug is pressuring him into these games that he's not comfortable with behind the scenes. That's what? $300,000+ in just two weeks down the drain? He officially lost all of his profits from 2022 now. He needs to take a break and move down in stakes for a bit.

More vids of bad play please.

Anyone know who made the chips? They are electric.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom