Boxing Thread (1 Viewer)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Okay, party people. Boxing is the sport of kings. Canelo walks away with another easy win. Hope others watched him.

Complicated boxing opinions I hold:

-Tyson is one of the greatest ever boxers; Cus dying and Rooney leaving changed his trajectory.
- Greatest boxer ever is Sugar Ray Robinson. Talj to me.
-biggest weight jumps and guts? Duran, 100%. Fought at heavy welter.
- Ali is not the greatest fighter, step to me please
- Mayweather is one of the defending best ever defensive champions. Pep, Mayweather, Locci.

Please argue with me, you apes.

Okay....

1. Tyson could have been one of the greatest ever. His personal life imploding and prison prevented him from ever proving it. His best professional wins are over Spinks and a 40 year old Larry Holmes. He was an exciting fighter, but Cus dying and Don King's sticky fingers leave us all wondering what could have been.

2. I hate trying to argue GOATS - given the the vast history of boxing, differences in eras and weight classes, I don't think there is a definitive GOAT. Sugar Ray Robinson is one of them.

3. Pretty much agree, but I think Manny and Hearns are up there. Also, Holyfield deserves a lot of credit being heavyweight champ at barely 200 pounds

4. See #2, but I think culturally he is the most significant.

5. Agreed, but his obsession with avoiding a single loss hurts his legacy. He did too much cherry-picking opponents and ducking other greats. A lot of his great wins are diminished by the fact that many of the greats that he fought were past their prime by the time he finally fought them. He'd get way more respect if he was 48-2 and fought other greats during their primes.

Okay....

1. Tyson could have been one of the greatest ever. His personal life imploding and prison prevented him from ever proving it. His best professional wins are over Spinks and a 40 year old Larry Holmes. He was an exciting fighter, but Cus dying and Don King's sticky fingers leave us all wondering what could have been.

2. I hate trying to argue GOATS - given the the vast history of boxing, differences in eras and weight classes, I don't think there is a definitive GOAT. Sugar Ray Robinson is one of them.

3. Pretty much agree, but I think Manny and Hearns are up there. Also, Holyfield deserves a lot of credit being heavyweight champ at barely 200 pounds

4. See #2, but I think culturally he is the most significant.

5. Agreed, but his obsession with avoiding a single loss hurts his legacy. He did too much cherry-picking opponents and ducking other greats. A lot of his great wins are diminished by the fact that many of the greats that he fought were past their prime by the time he finally fought them. He'd get way more respect if he was 48-2 and fought other greats during their primes.
1. I agree, Im a Tyson apologist, one of the people who think his prime was 7 days long lol.
2. Sure on eras and weights, but I lean towards middle and welter being the deepest and toughest classes.
3. Holyfield gets credit for his roid usage to hit heavyweight, I applaud his efforts. Manny yes, amazing depth.
4. 100% most culturally significant, untouchable in that regard. Sitting at a poker table, mook told me that Ali could easily beat Lennox Lewis. Easy shouldnt exist in that conversation.
5. Completely agreed; hate Mayweather as a person, love him as a boxer, but WOW waiting a decade to fight Manny tanks his legacy. Pound for pound 1 and 2 climbing the weight classes together for years cleaning out competition, breaks my heart we didnt get the prime fight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom