15x-$1
12x-$5
9x-$25
7x-$100
2x-$500

T2000 starting Stack.
Thanks guys!

I'll take a stab at it..

I'd say add 3 more T5's and ditch the T1 if you want to start with T2000.

5-10
5-15
10-20
15-30
20-40
30-60
40-80--remove 5T
50-100
75-150
100-200
150-300 -- remove 25T
200-400
300-600
400-800
600-1200
800-1600
1000-2000

There are others much better than I at coming up with structures. But this one should be serviceable.

I'll take a stab at it..

I'd say add 3 more T5's and ditch the T1 if you want to start with T2000.

5-10
5-15
10-20
15-30
20-40
30-60
40-80--remove 5T
50-100
75-150
100-200
150-300 -- remove 25T
200-400
300-600
400-800
600-1200
800-1600
1000-2000

There are others much better than I at coming up with structures. But this one should be serviceable.

That is an Idea, however I really love my $1 chips.

IMO, 2,000 starting stacks using T1 is too deep, as it was already said in a different thread... So I'd ditch the 2 x T500 in your starting stack and go with 1,000 starting stack, using the T500 later on for color-ups. 250 BB is plenty, so I'd start my blinds at 2 / 4, to avoid the 100% increase if you start at 1 / 2. I'd do something like this:

* Different colors denote when you'd color-up lowest denom on the table.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 11.31.16 AM.png

Last edited:
IMO, 2,000 starting stacks using T1 is too deep, as it was already said in a different thread... So I'd ditch the 2 x T500 in your starting stack and go with 1,000 starting stack, using the T500 later on for color-ups. 250 BB is plenty, so I'd start my blinds and 2 / 4, to avoid the 100% increase if you start at 1 / 2. I'd do something like this:

* Different colors denote when you'd color-up lowest denom on the table.

View attachment 131351

Yeah, I understand now. Just curious, as I am new to hosting tournaments with this amount of people. We used to just increase the blinds once someone was knocked out lol. What would be the worst case scenario if I used this blind schedule for a T2000 starting stack?

Yeah, I understand now. Just curious, as I am new to hosting tournaments with this amount of people. We used to just increase the blinds once someone was knocked out lol. What would be the worst case scenario if I used this blind schedule for a T2000 starting stack?

The only thing that would happen if you do is that your tourney would last a longer and the first couple of levels would be kinda meaningless... Other than that, if you want to start with 500BB, it's fine... Now, if you only increase blinds when people are eliminated, your tourney might last for days! LOL!!!

The only thing that would happen if you do is that your tourney would last a longer and the first couple of levels would be kinda meaningless... Other than that, if you want to start with 500BB, it's fine... Now, if you only increase blinds when people are eliminated, your tourney might last for days! LOL!!!

Lol and they would last a very long time. I am ok with the first few levels being "Warm up Levels", and I am ok with it lasting longer. I guess I just need to experiment.

Well, look at this this way.....

First level, 2/4 blinds (with T2000 stacks). You flop a straight flush, and get even more lucky when one guy turns a full-house and another guy rivers an ace-high flush, but everybody slow-plays until the river. You win a $45 pot, or a net increase of about 1.5% of your stack. What a waste of a fantastic hand.....

That's what is meant by 'kinda meaningless." It's rather pointless to have blinds that aren't meaningful in relation to the stack sizes. It's a whole lot of card playin' for nuttin'.

Well, look at this this way.....

First level, 2/4 blinds (with T2000 stacks). You flop a straight flush, and get even more lucky when one guy turns a full-house and another guy rivers an ace-high flush, but everybody slow-plays until the river. You win a $45 pot, or a net increase of about 1.5% of your stack. What a waste of a fantastic hand.....

That's what is meant by 'kinda meaningless." It's rather pointless to have blinds that aren't meaningful in relation to the stack sizes. It's a whole lot of card playin' for nuttin'.

That is a good way to look at it. Makes sense.

HOWEVER. What I would really like to do BGinGA, is just fly you out to Chicago, and have you run this dam thing for me! lol Ill pay you in Poker Chips. Deal? Deal. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I favor the idea of "warm-up" levels for inexperienced groups. If your group hasn't killed you yet for the "blinds go up on elimination" idea then I think we can safely rule out high levels of experience.

For a group like this I would use...
Screenshot 2017-11-02 13.18.19.png

Big jumps early on... as BG noted, these levels are largely meaningless from a poker maneuvering standpoint, but are crucial to getting some cards in with friends with little risk. When you get into the meat and potatoes (after 1st color-up) the blinds ramp down. After the 2nd color-up, blinds become acceptably smaller jumps. This is where players start dropping like flies, and those that have been collecting chips start playing the real poker.

I favor the idea of "warm-up" levels for inexperienced groups. If your group hasn't killed you yet for the "blinds go up on elimination" idea then I think we can safely rule out high levels of experience.

For a group like this I would use...
View attachment 131409

Big jumps early on... as BG noted, these levels are largely meaningless from a poker maneuvering standpoint, but are crucial to getting some cards in with friends with little risk. When you get into the meat and potatoes (after 1st color-up) the blinds ramp down. After the 2nd color-up, blinds become acceptably smaller jumps. This is where players start dropping like flies, and those that have been collecting chips start playing the real poker.

Exactly. Some people are experienced, and some people are not. Some even first time playing a tournament like this. I appreciate this break down. I like it:)

It's the inexperienced players that you need to woo. Experienced players will go to any game that isn't run too poorly. The first timers are the ones that you have to hook. If they get a couple hours of fun for their buy-in, you will have a poker player for life.

Yeah, my players would seriously revolt at a 1000bb structure with 100% jumps early-on, viewing the early levels as simply wasting their valuable time -- and preferring that the extra time (if not completely eliminated) be used to create longer more meaningful levels later in the event.

Alright guys. Took some time, and I think I am going to ditch the T1 chips, and just have T5 chips, T25, T100, and T500 Chips.

So my starting stack will be...

15x T5
9x T25
7x T100
2x T500

I will have Plenty of T25 chips for the first color up, I wont have anymore T100 chips, I have some T500 chips for more color ups, and then I have T1000 chips for final table color ups. My starting stack will be 200x the BB if I start 5/10 blinds.

Let me know if this is a better set up guys. Thanks for taking your time!

It's definitely a better set-up. T1s as the lowest denom in a tournament is ineffective, as your lowest 2 denoms are being removed at a 5:1 ratio. Still, I understand the love of a chip and wanting to put it in play for the sake of the chip.

Let us know how it went. I expect anything that ditches the "level-up on elimination" structure will be stunning to the players.

It's definitely a better set-up. T1s as the lowest denom in a tournament is ineffective, as your lowest 2 denoms are being removed at a 5:1 ratio. Still, I understand the love of a chip and wanting to put it in play for the sake of the chip.

Let us know how it went. I expect anything that ditches the "level-up on elimination" structure will be stunning to the players.

Will do! Thank you. I received some good advice on PCF, so they should run a lot smoother now. I will just need to play more cash games to fondle with my $1 chippies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom