BLADES (v.2) CPC Mock-ups and ideas (1 Viewer)

How about this with a twist on the yellow 5? 6D18?? :) I have a burgundy SSC table, so the yellow would pop more on the table :).

fadd0b75-2dce-4598-aeaf-053270d729db.png

Also, these :), but ... :)

7d274a04-b7a3-474b-9057-6f0277b91383.png

88eb7df5-0a39-4473-8b50-7bb90c25e521.png

How about this with a twist on the yellow 5? 6D18?? :) I have a burgundy SSC table, so the yellow would pop more on the table :).

View attachment 66152

Also, these :), but ... :)

View attachment 66153

View attachment 66154
First purple is my favorite. Second purple seems like a lot of orange. I didn't mind red spots into red spots with the 4A14 since only two of the spots were red, but all of those yellows seem like a lot of red into a lot of red.

First purple is my favorite. Second purple seems like a lot of orange. I didn't mind red spots into red spots with the 4A14 since only two of the spots were red, but all of those yellows seem like a lot of red into a lot of red.

Sorry mate, not following that last bit "all those yellows etc...". Which one's are you referring to :)?

Without all the other yellows cluttering things up - how does this look? The 4D18/313318 is only one pay bump down, so I kinda like the 6D18 from that point of view.

007G.png

4D18 for a look, but is only 1 level down from 6D18 so ... :)

56e2f3a8-bfd4-4d32-a30d-6d1c6d03d36b.png

Of the two most recent ones I'd say the 6D18 one. I actually preferred the purple fiver being you're thinking of going with an orange .25.

Of the two most recent ones I'd say the 6D18 one. I actually preferred the purple fiver being you're thinking of going with an orange .25.

Thanks mate, yes, I think it is between these two for me now, but ... :). I don't mind the orange and yellow together, but the lavender does seem to do something as well ...

007A

007A.png

007B

007B.png

I know I'm late to the party, but I was playing poker all last night and couldn't very easily contribute from my phone.

I might be in the minority, but I kind of like the original canary base for the frac, and with a more simple spot pattern. I was thinking something like this, basically he 007B with a reaplcement 25p chip.

blades.png

I know I'm late to the party, but I was playing poker all last night and couldn't very easily contribute from my phone.

I might be in the minority, but I kind of like the original canary base for the frac, and with a more simple spot pattern. I was thinking something like this, basically he 007B with a reaplcement 25p chip.

View attachment 66196

That one checks all the boxes for me, and I know @Phantom wants to keep a canary base in the mix.

Thanks guys, I have come to the conclusion that although I like the WSOP 5K, it really looks clunky in this set.

I might be in the minority, but I kind of like the original canary base for the frac, and with a more simple spot pattern. I was thinking something like this, basically he 007B with a replacement 25p chip.

Thanks for the input Dan, never late, always appreciated :). If, if, I can, I would like to avoid, if possible, using the same spot sizes between chips :)

I had also mocked up some rather simple 25p ideas as well previously, particularly with a light blue base (instead of lavender). I know you are also a fan of the yellow 5 (as am I), and along the lines of what @Adam Crowley said about accumulating a hot looking chip :), what about;

9d096d63-9108-4a44-9cd8-3848bf1df949.png

If I went for the light blue, would butterscotch or light chocolate look better?

Thanks for looking all :)

Ok one more option. How do you feel about a 614 $1 and an 814 $5? Would remove the progression issue while still retaining most of the $1s character

Ok one more option. How do you feel about a 614 $1 and an 814 $5? Would remove the progression issue while still retaining most of the $1s character
Hey Ad, I have been smashed with the flu for over a week (splitting headaches, vomiting, coughing up a lung every few minutes and no sleep). How do I feel about changing to a 614 on the $1, wellllll, :oops: I would rather have the flu all over again ;).

In all seriousness though mate, I did consider this, and mocked up several line-ups, but it just didn't work for me. I more likely to not do the set at all if the $1 is not 814. I think it might seem to be an issue as it is for a $1 as opposed to a higher value chip. I understand when you say progression, but I don't think I am concerned so much about that. Even so, the current 5 is two levels above the $1 and more complex from that point of view.

Any particular reason for you mate as I am happy to hear your thoughts of course :).

I think I am leaning this way at the moment ...

007C.png

My only reason is that the $1 draws the most attention from the set and looks like the highest value chip. Definitely the nicest chip in the set.

It is a custom set for you (and your players to a very small extent). As long as your happy with it, that is all that matters.

I think the importance of mockup threads is to get a different perspective on the design and explore all the options.

FWIW I really liked the peach, white, purple set.

I'm away on holidays so it's hard for me to mock sets and post them.

My only reason is that the $1 draws the most attention from the set and looks like the highest value chip. Definitely the nicest chip in the set.

It is a custom set for you (and your players to a very small extent). As long as your happy with it, that is all that matters.

I think the importance of mockup threads is to get a different perspective on the design and explore all the options.

FWIW I really liked the peach, white, purple set.

I'm away on holidays so it's hard for me to mock sets and post them.

Cheers Ad, any input is always welcome :) and the set is evolving from several suggestions. Just not the $1 :). If I thought my crew, or me for that matter, were going to start throwing 5's in the pot as a regular thing, there may be a point, but the 5 will rarely hit the table, or a pot, so in effect, the $1 is the most important chip. I guess it all depends on the style of the game. I may revisit a peach, white, lavender line-up again :). I just thought the 4V12 was a bit clunky.

Thanks again mate and enjoy the holidays.

yeah I don't like that spot pattern either and I think peach grey black only really works in that patter.

Here is one idea for you
IMG_0522.PNG

I like em both but if I had to chose I would go with B. Not exactly sure why. I'll come back to it in a bit.

Righto then chaps :) lets separate these two and see what others might reckon :)

@Phantom (A then B);
@Adam Crowley (A then B);
@bentax1978 (A then B);
@dew4au (B then A);

007 (A)

View attachment 66302

007 (B)

View attachment 66303

I don't like either of them tbh. I think your earlier mock ups were better.

Thanks mate, yes, I think it is between these two for me now, but ... :). I don't mind the orange and yellow together, but the lavender does seem to do something as well ...

007A

View attachment 66165

007B

View attachment 66166

like these.

I don't like either of them tbh. I think your earlier mock ups were better.

like these.

Hi Bill, so you are happy with the 1 and 5, just prefer the peach 4V12 back as the 25p? It is a tough one. I am torn between the peach 4V12 and the blue/lt choc 414A. I just think the 4V12 might be a bit clunky. Will keep pondering, cheers mate. :)

After a bit of a think I am down to these two. @72o got me thinking a 3V12 could work here (less busy with much the same effect), and I also think the light blue/lt choc 3916 could as well. I went away from the 414A as I wanted a different spot to the $1. It is now down to the 25p, decisions ... If I like both, either way I can't lose right??

455e6dd4-2dac-454c-aaf9-7343ea2ff108.png

After a bit of a think I am down to these two. @72o got me thinking a 3V12 could work here (less busy with much the same effect), and I also think the light blue/lt choc 3916 could as well. I went away from the 414A as I wanted a different spot to the $1. It is now down to the 25p, decisions ... If I like both, either way I can't lose right??

View attachment 66689

I like top one with blue quarter chip.
Though Id like to see more quarters designs.
Perhaps a bit less busy spot imo.

I like top one with blue quarter chip.
Though Id like to see more quarters designs.
Perhaps a bit less busy spot imo.
Thanks Nico. There are a few other ideas through the thread with other quarters, but I think I am agreeing with the less busy being better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom