Blades - Sample Set & Sundries Thread (2 Viewers)

I'm in, woohoo! Happy dance time.

tumblr_mx7uryYWSX1t5t8u8o1_250.gif

OP updated with 'confirmed' and those needing to confirm town and post code for shipping calculations.

The sample chips will go to a US-based PCF member, who will redistribute. Once I know the postal codes, I can work out shipping costs and throw a price up for transfer by Paypal.

Question: What would be the preferred method of shipping a 4/5 chip sample set within the US, and even to UK or Finland? Padded envelope? I saw them for just over $6.00USD on the USPS site.

The DB and cut cards will obviously be completed and available a lot sooner. I would prefer to combine the shipping to save a everyone a few bucks, but I imagine that once purchased, and if available, you would want the DB. Let me know thoughts on this as I have not done this before.

Thanks again to all for their advice, interest and kind words.

Within the US, a 4/5 sample chip set package will weigh under 3oz and will ship for about $2.50 USPS first class postage with tracking in a padded envelope. Obviously, the cost of padded envelope is extra.

Within the US, a 4/5 sample chip set package will weigh under 3oz and will ship for about $2.50 USPS first class postage with tracking in a padded envelope. Obviously, the cost of padded envelope is extra.

Thanks mate. Sorry, any ideas on the cost of a padded envelope that suits our needs?

I calculate that I can ship 4-5 chips for $2.65 including shipping and padded envelope and tracking for US addresses. I got my padded envelopes really cheaply, and they are very good quality. I've shipped hundreds of packages in them over the years. The cost also includes shipping labels.

If you want, I can take delivery of the samples and ship them to the guys in the US. I've done this a couple of times, back in the CT days. As for guys outside the US, I'm not sure if it's cheaper from Australia or from the US.

I calculate that I can ship 4-5 chips for $2.65 including shipping and padded envelope and tracking for US addresses. I got my padded envelopes really cheaply, and they are very good quality. I've shipped hundreds of packages in them over the years. The cost also includes shipping labels.

If you want, I can take delivery of the samples and ship them to the guys in the US. I've done this a couple of times, back in the CT days. As for guys outside the US, I'm not sure if it's cheaper from Australia or from the US.

Padded envelope + shipping is about $7aud from Australia.

Hi Sleepy, thanks for the info and offer. I will get back to you on that as I think I already have someone in the US who could do it. Appreciate it mate :). What was your moniker on CT?

Padded envelope + shipping is about $7aud from Australia.

Thanks Stocky :).

No problem, just an offer.

For your other guy mailing it in the US, here's the place where I get my padded envelopes from. You have to buy in bulk, obviously, but it comes out to be $0.06-0.08 per for the 4x7.5 mailers after shipping.

http://sunuku.com

No problem, just an offer.

For your other guy mailing it in the US, here's the place where I get my padded envelopes from. You have to buy in bulk, obviously, but it comes out to be $0.06-0.08 per for the 4x7.5 mailers after shipping.

http://sunuku.com

Thanks mate, very good of you :).

Awesome - shipping for me will be to zip code 37153. Shipping these from a U.S. address to a U.S. address using the above method will be a flat rate though - you won't need to look up each individual zip code. It was $2.32 last I checked; may have gone up slightly since then.

Awesome - shipping for me will be to zip code 37153. Shipping these from a U.S. address to a U.S. address using the above method will be a flat rate though - you won't need to look up each individual zip code. It was $2.32 last I checked; may have gone up slightly since then.

Hi Ben, cheers mate. The flat rate sounds like the go alright :). Good to know.

$2.54 when I went Wednesday. They should be light enough. Make the payment $4 at least though, just to cover incidentals

Hi all,

OP UPDATED with details for payment. I will be placing the order at the end of the week :) all being well :).

Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Many thanks,
Ad

Just paid.

FYI for those in the US, there is a cross border charge for sending payments between countries through Paypal. For an $8.50 payment, the charge is $0.09 for the sender. Not a big deal, just letting people know in case they're wondering.

On the off chance that someone is backing out of a 5-chip set, I'd happily take another set.

PAID. If a couple days goes by and you dont see people paying, try PM'ing them. I normally would not look at this thread

hi guys just away on work where Internet access is rare. I will be home in a day or so and will respond to messages and payments. I will update the OP with all current paid.
Cheers, Adam

In for samples and the DB...PayPal on its way. Colors on these are sweet. Reminds me of Ivy League colors. Has there been a custom chip using the Ivy League Crests?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom