• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Black Dunes $5 chip on Ebay over $2500 currently (1 Viewer)

Whole thing about this on Facebook/TCB. Interesting case of - oh I hope this chip sells @ a $1.99 starting bid.... oh it’s a Z whatever rated chip and is book $3k-$5k? I’ll take it!
I probably wouldn’t pay $1.99 for this chip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’d seriously have to give it some thought and 83% chance I don’t go through with the $1.99 purchase

David Spragg: "There are about 10 known."

huh

Just goes to show - no matter how ugly and boring a chip is, if there are only ten of them but eleven people want one, it's gonna fetch a lot of money.

I probably wouldn’t pay $1.99 for this chip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’d seriously have to give it some thought and 83% chance I don’t go through with the $1.99 purchase
I didn't know the book value of that chip before I saw it, because I haven't seen one sell in over 11 years since I started putting together Dunes singles.
But if anyone had that at a show Id snap buy it for $100
If that chip had a BIN of $50 and it sold I wonder if it would have ended up shipping after she got 500 messages

David Spragg: "There are about 10 known."

huh

Just goes to show - no matter how ugly and boring a chip is, if there are only ten of them but eleven people want one, it's gonna fetch a lot of money.
It may not be what you think of as a beautiful chip or maybe not what is popular now, but it is certainly in line with what a classic "old school" chip looks like. There are plenty of collectors that love "old school" and like you said in short supply with lots of willing buyers it's going to fetch a lot of money.

It may not be what you think of as a beautiful chip or maybe not what is popular now, but it is certainly in line with what a classic "old school" chip looks like. There are plenty of collectors that love "old school" and like you said in short supply with lots of willing buyers it's going to fetch a lot of money.
Thought that chip was pretty cool.

Dangit on to scrolling for a new card capper ...

Whole thing about this on Facebook/TCB. Interesting case of - oh I hope this chip sells @ a $1.99 starting bid.... oh it’s a Z whatever rated chip and is book $3k-$5k? I’ll take it!

http://www.thechipboard.com/index.c.../some-info-on-the-1958-5-00-black-dunes-chip/

If I bought that chip, I probably would request more than $4 worth of shipping. I might fly and pick up in person rather than trust USPS UPS or FedEx.

Did Sal win?

Did Sal win?

It did not sound like it was him on thechipboard. Lots of drama and such, I cannot fault someone for seeing a listing and making an offer, happens all the time. Seller decided to do more research and found out was super rare, and afterward Sal got thrown under the bus for $150 "lowball". I suppose if he was offering an appraisal, and said it was worth $200 retail and made a $150 offer that would be scummy. But just throwing an offer is like finding a masterpiece at a garage sale but not knowing if it is real until you do the research.
Just glad I got to watch the show and the fallout.
T

Yikes.... well that is a insane price for something.

Wish I had a time machine to go back and buy that stuff which today is "super rare"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom